Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to lose 15 pounds in a month before leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
    I am also 5'3". And 140 lbs. I'm trying to lose another 10-15 before the wedding which is 6 months from now. But... I highly doubt you're a "frumpy little thing". I realize that our body types are most likely not the same and you may carry your weight differently than I do, but, like everyone else has said, 15 lbs in a month is pushing it. I've been eating better and trying to be more active over the past 3 months, and I have lost about 5 lbs. Then again, I haven't actually been "working out" or "on a diet". I've made lifestyle changes.

If YOU think you're sexy, your SO will think you are. Simple as that.
    This! I'm your size as well. I'm certainly not as fit or small as I would like, but I also know that losing 15 pounds in a month would not be possible. I recommend working out as much as you are able- you'll see some differences in fitness in a month if you really work hard. 5-7 pounds can make a big difference on someone our size! For me, that's a pant size.

Comment

I guess I'll play devil's advocate here and day 15 in one month is not impossible and doesn't have to be unhealthy. Well I guess it depends on your weight to begin with. If you're 5'8'' and 120lbs, it might be a bad idea to lose 15lbs.

I think you could easily shoot for 7 or 8 lbs in a month (about 2 a week). If you lose more, HOORAY. If not, just keep working.

Great way to lose weight is to eat raw food. You can eat tons of veggies and fruits and you'll fill up but not gain weight.

Also, I'm not sure if this is healthy or not but when I get hungry I drink water. A lot of the times you're not hungry, you're just thirsty. So water helps. If that doesn't work I'll eat a mint. After that I won't want to eat anything since food will taste bad after a mint. It usually keeps me from un-needed snacking between meals.

Comment

Depends on your weight really, bigger you are faster you lose. What worked for me was atkins lost 20 lbs in two weeks when I first started, but I was also bigger. So, depends on height, weight, etc.
        https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
        Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

Thank you so much for the replies, everyone! As of now, I'm taking the time to drink more water and so far it's helping fill me up. Also, I figure that 4 days of exercise per week wouldn't hurt and I've also stopped eating fast foods ( I work at a fast food restaurant so it can be tempting at times). But some of you are right in that I can't worry too much about my appearance - it's important to be healthy overall.

Comment

Hey! Just wanted to throw in my support for your goal. I'm also trying to lose about the same amount of weight but I have till middle of June to get to a point that I like. Good luck to us!
            Our separation so abides, and flies,
            That thou, residing here, go'st yet with me,
            And I, hence fleeting, here remain with thee.

Comment

I believe in healthy lifestyle choices, not diets. Eat well and exercise on a regular basis is the key. Sadly, I am the first one that doesn't make time to do it even though I know I should.You don't want to lose too much too soon though because that is not healthy. Good luck!

Comment

Water is your best friend! It has no calories in it, it's good for you and it's a great hunger suppressor.

I also don't believe in dieting but cutting out as much processed food as I can. I also find that cutting back on carbs helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanja View Post
                  I believe in healthy lifestyle choices, not diets. Eat well and exercise on a regular basis is the key. Sadly, I am the first one that doesn't make time to do it even though I know I should.You don't want to lose too much too soon though because that is not healthy. Good luck!

I agree with this. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to make a lifestyle change and do it for the rest of your life, not just diet periodically and expect to keep it off. My mother for instance lost 60 pounds on weight watchers 15 years ago and is still a part of the program. She goes to two meetings a week (which are free for her as a lifetime member because she has stayed within 5 pound of her goal weight all these years). WW is about changing your habits, getting active and portion control. It worked for her and the food is great. She started making the WW recipes when I was a kid and they are really good. I never knew the difference. From my dad's side, I'm genetically predisposed to be skinny, but I still eat healthy and box/work ot 2-3 times a week. I take the stairs instead of the elevator at work ( I work on the 7th floor) and keep a water bottle by my side at all times. I also pack my own lunch so I'm not tempted to eat fast food. Those are steps you can take to try and lose weight in a healthy way.
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I would definitely have to change my lifestyle, certainly. Luckily, it's easy to switch back from soda to water in just a matter of a few days. It's the diet part that catches me. I want to eat healthy stuff but I want to make sure that it's healthy and TASTY. (I love tasty stuff - especially where it concerns meat ;_; )

By the way, I'm wondering what carbs I'm supposed to eat and what carbs are not so good for me. Who knows, this stuff might rub off on my SO, since we're trying to get in shape together. ;D

Comment

A reminder that eating well, losing weight, and "getting in shape" are all separate, non-synonymous things that may or may not occur together.

Generally, the recommendation is whole grains-- check the nutritional information on your foods and look for "fiber" or "dietary fiber" beneath carbohydrates-- you want this number to be as high a percentage of the total carbohydrates as possible when you choose carby foods (bread, pasta, cereal, etc.). Carbohydrates are also found in fruits and vegetables. Things made with white flour are not recommended because the flour has been so highly processed. That means plain bagels, white bread, white pasta, etc. You'll notice that these foods have much lower "dietary fiber" percentages.
                      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by ST25 View Post
                        I would definitely have to change my lifestyle, certainly. Luckily, it's easy to switch back from soda to water in just a matter of a few days. It's the diet part that catches me. I want to eat healthy stuff but I want to make sure that it's healthy and TASTY. (I love tasty stuff - especially where it concerns meat ;_; )

By the way, I'm wondering what carbs I'm supposed to eat and what carbs are not so good for me. Who knows, this stuff might rub off on my SO, since we're trying to get in shape together. ;D
                        Complex carbs are the best. Grains (like kitty said) are the best because they are natural. The less processed that it is, the better the carb is for your body.

Comment

Working...
                        X