Less time to talk... :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less time to talk... :/

I got a promotion at work and am now working 2pm to close (10pm or later) five days every week which is hard because with the time difference my girlfriend wakes up right after I go to work and I cant text at work. I still text her every morning to wish her a good day and tell her I love her then I text her off work but by the time I get home at night all I want to do is sleep. And the days I have off I usually have therapy then karate at night. I just miss talking to my girlfriend so much. At least she will be here in 32 days and im talking that 9 days off of work.
    Love knows no boundaries.

Firstly, con gratulation on your promotion!
    Secondly, once you get used to it it'll get easier to find time to talk. I have got a lot of free time once I finished my exams and Im not needed at work, while my SO has his exam infront of him and so a lot of work and no time. If I have to get up early my SO usually gets up with me and we talk a couple minutes, and when he's home and had dinner at all Im usually really tired but we talk half an hour then too. Is there any way you can text on your breaks? We do this and it helps a lot.
    Thirdly, try and look positively on your whole situation. Youve got a promotion, thats rarely a bad thing
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Another thing I can suggest is trying to make a schedule where you guys can take an hour or so to get some talk time in. I know when you get home you're tired and you just want to go to bed,but maybe you could try to stay up and talk to her for about an hour something before you go. Just some suggestions.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I would give it some time. You'll get used the new hours and still be able to chat for a while. What about just calling her for about 10minutes while you're getting ready for bed? Or scheduling a Wednesday call so that the gap between weekends isn't as big? Good luck
        Last edited by Kiyama; May 1, 2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Congrats on your promotion! Once it becomes routine for both of you, it'll be easier and when you do get time "together", it'll be extra special. Just make time for each other and everything will be ok.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Congrats on your promotion! It does suck that it cuts into your talking schedule, but you've gotten a whole heap of good advice here so hopefully you'll be able to get used to a new schedule soon!
            Joey & Scott
            Met: April 2002
            Lost Contact: August 2002
            Reconnected: April 2010
            Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I was actually thinking about you and your SO the other day, how are things with her? I know last time she was having some issues with her brother, are those sorted now? As others have said, you just need to find a new routine. When my SO and I first got together, we were both working 9-5ish so it was easy enough to talk, but now I work from about 4pm to 1am, so we've had to adjust. He wakes me up via Skype before he goes to work and we have about 25 mins to chat, then he goes off to work, I go back to sleep, then he calls me on his lunch break. Then he tends to wait up for me to get home and we have a goodnight on Skype It was a bit of an adjustment but you just need to find a new routine and get used to it!

Comment

Congrats on your promotion!
                I can relate to this but on the other side. My SO has recently picked up a ton of work and next week starts a new job on top of that. With our time difference he's up and gone when I wake and sometimes isn't home till 2am his time. Which understandably leaves him exhausted. I think if your able to fit in at least once a week of solid talking even if its a hour would help, but leaving those good morning messages and goodnight messages. For me makes me feel thought of, loved and that i'm a important part of his busy day. I think the big thing in this is just reminding your SO there not forgotten, in your quick morning message before work let her know you love and miss her, and if you can when you get back let your SO know how tired you are but you love her. I think just even in the mist of a busy schedule still knowing that there important to you and wanted. Which can be expressed in a 30 sec message in a hectic day.
                I love you Nathan <3
                sigpic
                5/25/09 <3

Comment

As others have said just give it some time and try not to worry, I'm sure you both will adapt to it even if it is harder at first. Hope you both have a wonderful upcoming visit and congratulations on the promotion
                  ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Working...
                  X