So very close, Any tips/help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louise_B View Post
    This made me laugh out loud so much! This is totally something i would do however i will try not too. Us Brits have a reputation to mantain O:-)
    This is the best news i have heard all day that they actually have plug sockets in the bathroom so i can get ready!

Thank you so much
    Yeah I know it is tempting!

I have used several bathrooms there and never had trouble finding an outlet right at the sink in front of the mirror. I do my hair and charge my cell phone all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by srtd35 View Post
      I do my hair and charge my cell phone all at the same time.
      Brilliant news! well i hope i have just as much success as you did

Comment

I had to go back and look at the date you posted this b/c I have a lay over in Houston also coming up on my way to see my SO. But I will be there 2 days before you. I am so excited about my upcoming trip even though it will be my 5th time each time is wonderful.

Comment

Aw this post/thread made me smile, I was the very same when I went to visit my boy for the first time (coincidently i'm in UK he in Kansas too). I was fretting about the finer details - what to wear, totally researched for a hair salon in Phili airport to freshen up before my next flight, blah blah blah. This excitement is all part of it, nerves/excitement/OMG what am I doing/travelling alone etc etc.
          Enjoy every moment of your adventure :hugs:

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
          Second visit scheduled May 2013
          Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

Good luck ! I am also seeing my so in 17 days for the first time but he is coming this time. I will probably get very nervous when i get to visit him in the US!

Comment

you'll have an amazing time, it's a good experience flying on your own to a new country(s) (I was totally lost when i did that).
              Did you pack a Camera?! :P

but yeh, make sure you let your bank that you're going to be flying overseas and you might use your card.

Don't ruin our British reputation!!! :P hahah

Comment

Regarding the outlet problem, you could always invest in a battery operated straightener! I have a mini one, cordless, that I use for travel.

Comment

Did you pack a Camera?! :P
                  i will be yeah, ill shuv it in my handbag or something. But the iphone is basically just as good as my camera really. but i will bring it.

Don't ruin our British reputation!!! :P hahah
                  Hahaha how funny, ill try not too. Sometimes im just like ' oh shit why not ' but ill try not to ruin to rep for the UK!! Thanks for the heads up for the bank ill give them a call i think i need to call tmobile too to let me know im going overseas!

you could always invest in a battery operated straightener! I have a mini one
                  i did think about this, but i always worry incase they wont do the job :/ lol

Comment

i will be yeah, ill shuv it in my handbag or something. But the iphone is basically just as good as my camera really. but i will bring it.

Hahaha how funny, ill try not too. Sometimes im just like ' oh shit why not ' but ill try not to ruin to rep for the UK!! Thanks for the heads up for the bank ill give them a call i think i need to call tmobile too to let me know im going overseas!
                    ahh, great!

don't worry, (I sometimes think 'oh what the hell' ) :P oh and if you use your card in a different country they'll charge you extra for using it overseas dont forget that!

Enjoy it, I know how exciting it is to meet your SO for the first time

Comment

Hey everyone, i'm looking back at the thread and thinking 22 days really? because im on 12 now OH MY GOD!!!!

Ok. so could anyone else guve me tips on flying internationaly ALONE? i still feel like i aint ready/prepared going to miss something

or is this a normal feeling before you fly over 5000 miles to a difference country and time zone to meet a guy you have never met in person before? LOL

thank you for everyones suport!

Comment

How exciting !
                        Flying internationally alone is really no biggie. You just might get a bit bored on the plane.. and for that there's films, music, books and FOOD.
                        I think from what I've read, you're pretty much good to go.
                        I always think as long as I've got my passport and all the other papers I need for traveling, my phone and some money, everything else can be replaced.

I still get excited and nervous too when I fly out to see him. And you must have that feeling times 100 cos it's your first meeting.
                        Enjoy your time together ! Hope you'll let us know how it went. All the best

Comment

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
                          I still get excited and nervous too when I fly out to see him. And you must have that feeling times 100 cos it's your first meeting.
                          Enjoy your time together ! Hope you'll let us know how it went. All the best
                          I think im worrying TOO much about the whole thing! I guess i just want it all to be ok. Im driving my mother mad about it!

But you are right, aslong as i have all the documents i need and money nothing else matters!

Food will be a big comfort for me on the flight i think, But yes im 100000 times excited and nervous but the more it creeps closer the mosre nervous i get lol.

Ofcourse my aim is to post while im on my layover fligth for 3 hours in texas so make sure you keep your eye out for me posting

And ofcourse ill keep you all informed with how well its going!

Comment

I think im worrying TOO much about the whole thing! I guess i just want it all to be ok. Im driving my mother mad about it!

But you are right, aslong as i have all the documents i need and money nothing else matters!

Food will be a big comfort for me on the flight i think, But yes im 100000 times excited and nervous but the more it creeps closer the mosre nervous i get lol.

Ofcourse my aim is to post while im on my layover fligth for 3 hours in texas so make sure you keep your eye out for me posting

And ofcourse ill keep you all informed with how well its going!
                            Not sure about international flights but some of the bigger planes have WIFI which I love!! It cost money but it isn't really expensive I think 10$. I was so excited and nervous the first time. Once I got there i was nervous for a little bit but then we got comfortable with each other and then the nerves calmed down and I was mostly excited!

Comment

Originally posted by srtd35 View Post
                              Not sure about international flights but some of the bigger planes have WIFI which I love!! It cost money but it isn't really expensive I think 10$.!
                              They really have WIFI on the planes? never knew that haha!! i must investigate when im on the plane then!

Awhhhh Yeah i think i will be the same to be fair. He told me he wants our first meeting to be like we never left eachother if you know what i mean. He wants us to be fine with eachother and no awkwardness which i think will be fine! i give myself 10-30 mins tops and ill be fine

Its just everything in between, flying checking in finding my terminal and packing for the trip lol 11 days

Comment

Wifi <--- You can pre purchase wifi time for your TX - MO flight, if they have wifi onboard! I don't know about the flight coming into Texas, but within the states there is a good chance you'll have it. It sure makes the time go faster! I sit and skype with my SO until he has to leave for the long drive to the airport to get me.

I always get ready in airport ladies rooms too. Nobody gives it a second thought. I'm super lucky because the airport I fly into is upstairs, and my SO can't be up there (he's downstairs by the baggage carousels). So I can dash in, fix up, and he thinks I stepped off the plane looking all tidy haha.

I'm so excited for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X