Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That magical feeling when you reunite :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That magical feeling when you reunite :)

I was just thinking about this earlier today, which I often do when I really miss my SO.
    I think about the times when I've reunited with my SO, and the feeling I get when I see him again after such a long time apart.

Although every time we've reunited has been wonderful, there's always that one time that has been so magical, I know I'll never forget it for the rest of my life!

He was coming to visit me, and I was picking him up from LAX. There were a ton of international flights coming into the terminal at the same, and I was told from a TSA worker that it may take a few hours for my SO to come through the terminal since there were so many flights arriving :/
    So, as I stood there waiting at the gate for my SO to come up the ramp, I started chatting with some people standing next to me.

After about 15 minutes, I looked up...and I saw him. He was walking up the ramp, and when our eyes met, he smiled at me with the happiest look on his face. At that moment, it was like nothing else mattered in the world, because I was finally going to be with him again!
    I was so excited, I jumped over the gate and and ran into his arms.
    The best part: Everyone in the terminal started clapping and cheering when we embraced!

It was one of the best feelings I've ever had, and I still get super giddy when I think about it!
    So, please, tell me your stories of reuniting with your SOs

We hadn't seen each other for over a year and he was flying into Denmark and then the UK (he has friends in Denmark) and I was going to meet him at the train station. So, I'm getting ready to leave when someone knocks at our front door. I open it with my head down coz I'm fiddling with my bag and am about to tell whoever it is that I'm just off out, and then I'm grabbed into a bear hug and he says "Hey, [nickname]" and we stayed like that for a few minutes. After that we sat and talked and talked...
    Joey & Scott
    Met: April 2002
    Lost Contact: August 2002
    Reconnected: April 2010
    Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBug View Post
      We hadn't seen each other for over a year and he was flying into Denmark and then the UK (he has friends in Denmark) and I was going to meet him at the train station. So, I'm getting ready to leave when someone knocks at our front door. I open it with my head down coz I'm fiddling with my bag and am about to tell whoever it is that I'm just off out, and then I'm grabbed into a bear hug and he says "Hey, [nickname]" and we stayed like that for a few minutes. After that we sat and talked and talked...
      Aww how cute! Aren't surprises the best?

Comment

The most memorable time I can think of was Christmas 2011... it was the second 'stretch' of long distance & the longest we went without seeing each other: a little over 4 months. (I know we are very lucky!) My SO was flying to Canada for Christmas, & was flying on Christmas Day. Obviously this was the best Christmas present I could get! Due to the time difference we were Skype chatting right before my family & I got up to open presents. We did that & had a long breakfast then I went back upstairs to check his flight... & it hadn't even left! Turns out there was a problem with the toilets on the plane so they had to change planes.
        After waiting for 4 months I didn't want to wait any longer! Luckily the plane left soon afterwards & seeing him at the terminal felt like a dream. & we had an awesome Christmas & 2 week visit.

Comment

I hope that the day I finally meet my SO itll be magical. I love him so much and cant wait to finally hold him.

Comment

Originally posted by katiecat08 View Post
            I hope that the day I finally meet my SO itll be magical. I love him so much and cant wait to finally hold him.
            It's definitely one of the best feelings in the world!

Comment

I'm hoping to have a good answer to this one in about six weeks! My first visit was our first time meeting IRL, so it wasn't a reunion, the second was with my then like 16 month old toddler, and the most stressful flights & airport running EVER, I found him and kind of tossed (not really) my son at him, and dropped my bags, my back was KILLING ME. I was totally anything but delightful. I feel bad. But this time, it's just me, and it's been a long 7 months since our last visit, so the reunion should be one super happy moment!

Comment

Working...
              X