sometimes you just need a hug :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes you just need a hug :(

I'm pretty sure this is a common feeling but how do you all cope when all you want is a hug. I've been feeling pretty ill the last couple of days, just a bad cold that has gone on my chest so I'm coughing a lot, all I really want is a hug from my so I have one of his t shirts and we've video chatted yesterday but I'm just missing that closeness today

When I really feel like I need a hug, I try and visualise that next hug that's coming my way at the airport. And then the hundreds of hugs I'll get then because my SO will have missed me as much as I miss him. It sucks when you're sick and you just want them to take care of you - a couple of months ago I had my wisdom teeth out and I looked like a hamster and couldn't eat more than soup, and all I wanted was a big cuddle. But I try and remember that I don't want just anyone's hugs, I want HIS hugs, and if I want them, I have to wait for them.

I hope you feel better soon, and just think about all the hugs you'll get when you next visit.

Comment

Oh yes, I know that feeling all too well. I needed a hug last night. I've been dealing with pretty bad headaches for the passed week or so because of allergies and last night I was worn out. All I wanted was to be held. Instead, we skyped and I wrapped myself in a blanket she gave me and passed out. Not quite a hug but I'll take what I can get. hehe Made me feel a bit better.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I know that feeling well, have felt it when I've been sick or just feeling low, but as Biddlybiddly said, I try to think ahead to the hugs that will come when he's here and usually get a hug from someone else to help for the time being. I only want HIS hugs, but asking someone else does help me feel more grounded.
        Joey & Scott
        Met: April 2002
        Lost Contact: August 2002
        Reconnected: April 2010
        Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Could do with one right about now.
          The irony is him having gone is the reason I need the hug.
          Post visital blues big time & I can't stop crying. Wish I could fast forward till the weekend when I probably feel alot better.
          I hate the first day and the second!

Comment

Working...
          X