Nervous about the First Kiss with my SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous about the First Kiss with my SO

I'm meeting my SO in 3 months. We will physically meet for the first time. We video chat all the time. Sometimes we stop talking and end up staring at one another, it naturally happens. I love it when it happens too, because we don't have to say a lot to each other to understand what we are feeling at that exact moment. But there are those times where he will tell me he wishes he could kiss me. He actually tells me that more and more now.
    I'm sure people can relate to this. I am growing anxious and impatient. I just want to kiss him already. It's been 9 months of waiting. I guess I can wait 3 more.
    But even though I'm impatient in just kissing already, I'm also SO nervous. I've kissed before. I had a boyfriend of four years who I kissed all the time.
    But there's something about this guy that makes me feel weak and nervous. He told me I shouldn't be, and that he is the one is going to be nervous. I don't know how the first kiss is going to turn out at the airport, but I can assure you that I will soak in every second of it.
    sigpic
    Met August 2012
    Official Nov. 18 2012
    Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
    He's visiting April 7-28 2014
    I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Aww! I think We're all nervous our first kiss but when it happens all of the nervousness just melts away
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I'm meeting my SO for the first time in person next month. Like you, I'm really nervous too. I hope it goes well and smooth for both of us when it haopens.
      *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

Originally posted by aojeda50 View Post
        I don't know how the first kiss is going to turn out at the airport
        I don't think you should put pressure on yourself to have your first kiss in the airport, it is perfectly fine to kiss there but it also can be easier to kiss somewhere private for the first time. It is such a rush of feelings just to give them a HUG that you might value your first kiss more if you wait until you have a private moment on that first day together. My SO first kissed me when we got back to my house, we were laying on the bed because he hadn't been able to lay down for about 24 hours (long flight!) pulled me into a hug and a gentle kiss. For me it was much nicer than having our first kiss in the airport, I'm not a big fan of having an audience and needed a little time to just adjust to his presence!

funny thing is, we have had 8 trips in total.. every single one I feel a bit odd about kissing in the airport straight after seeing him again, I definitely go in for a long hug and I love the fact that I'm with him again but it takes me an hour or so to get used to being able to touch him again like that after months of not having any physical interaction with him.

just don't put too much pressure on yourself and maybe talk to your SO about what both of your expectations are on that first day.
        Met Online: February 2009
        Feelings grew: January 2011
        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
        Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
        Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
        Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
        Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

before we met I had this big image of meeting him at the train station and just kissing there on the platform. On the day his train was late and we were both so nervous that in the end we didn't actually kiss until we got back to the hotel room, it was still very special though and in a way much nicer than being in public. Like the others have said don't put too much pressure on yourselves, it will happen!

Comment

AWWW!!! Don't be nervous! I shouldn't say that though because I was lol. But it's awesome! Good luck (:
            "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

That's what I was thinking.
              I know he's talked about how he can't wait to kiss me at the airport when I arrive.
              I'm not the biggest fan of PDA, but I thought about it and I don't think I would care all that much.
              Then again, we don't know what'll happen.
              I'll keep you posted
              sigpic
              Met August 2012
              Official Nov. 18 2012
              Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
              He's visiting April 7-28 2014
              I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

Originally posted by aojeda50 View Post
                That's what I was thinking.
                I know he's talked about how he can't wait to kiss me at the airport when I arrive.
                I'm not the biggest fan of PDA, but I thought about it and I don't think I would care all that much.
                Then again, we don't know what'll happen.
                I'll keep you posted
                RELAX! Whatever happens, happens :P
                Made it official: 12-01-10
                First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I know what you mean. I haven't met my SO in person yet and can't wait to finally kiss him too. I will definitely be nervous!

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you but I'm meeting my SO for the first time next Friday, after 17 months. I'm so scared, excited, happy, hesitant...any emotion you can think of, I am. I'm hoping he will just kiss me when he sees me so that it takes the pressure off of me. lol.

Comment

I can only add you'll be as nervous and excited before second first kiss And then you will melt into his arms Good luck
                      “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
                      ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
                      Closed the distance >21.03.2015
                      sigpic

Comment

I had fears of intimacy whenever I met my SO as well..
                        you'd be surprised how well your instincts kick in and how comfortable you're going to feel.
                        everything will just feel right and click into place

Comment

Like everyone said just relax and what will happen will happen. I wasn't sure I'd kiss my bf at the airport when I first saw him. I warned him that I just didn't know what would happen.. I imagined I would just stand in front of him awkwardly... and that would be good enough... but it didn't happen like that. He turned around, saw me, and hugged me and kissed me right there and it was actually perfect. I'm not a huge fan of public displays, but for some reason when we kiss it just seems so normal and natural that it doesn't feel like a public display... Ahhhh I can't wait to see him again!!!
                          First met online: June, 2010
                          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Third visit together: August, 2012
                          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

We totally over thought our first kiss too the first time. We said it would be in the airport and right away...but it just didn't happen that way. I think the nerves got the best of us. But it's, it wasn't meant to happen at that moment. That's how I see it. It happened a little later in the day after I gave her a gift, she said "I'm gonna kiss you now" and she did! It was amazing. I still remember that moment like it was just yesterday!!

All I can say is don't overthink it and let it happen when it happens. Go with the flow!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                            Married April 18th, 2015!!
                            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

This thread made me relive our first kiss

I was told I'm a bad kisser so I warned him about it so I kinda know how it feels to have this shyness and fear and nervousness, but I think it will be alright. Just let it happen

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                              Married: 1/24/2015
                              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X