Another Tearful Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Tearful Goodbye

...so in an effort to keep the tears at bay, my SO had one of his co-workers to take him to the airport. That still didn't stop the waterworks, but his surprise visit solidified things for me. We got a chance to talk, and I was honest with him about my fears (he had some of his own).

I now really see the value of communication in ANY relationship, but especially a LDR. He has his phone back, so we will be able to Skype again, and despite my fears, I think I may do OK in this LDR. This trip made me recognize that I was going to create a self fulfilling prophecy with my internal "negative speak", and that isn't fair...

Next visit won't be until early June-- hitting the gym llike CRAZY until then!!!

That's the spirit! Stay positive, communicate with your so and it'll all be okay!
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Well good,I'm glad it was nice and productive visit for you guys. It's always hard to watch your other half walk out of the door at the end of a visit. Just remember,it's ok to cry and be upset. But don't stop living your life though,ok? Keep yourself busy and push forward,ya'lls next visit isn't far off. I hear you about the gym thing too lol. I've been trying to get my weight off too before I move. Anyway,if you need anyone to talk to hit me or anyone up and we'll be happy to listen.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I was thinking of skipping gym tonight because I'm tired, hungry, have a neck ache/head ache, miss him (he left yesterday) and feel like just going home to eat and sleep and get fat...LOL

It's actually a bit like been on drugs when having a meet up. After they/you leave you're withdrawing big time

Comment

I'm so glad the visit went well

WooHoo for another visit!

And yes, still okay to cry when they leave, I always do!
          Joey & Scott
          Met: April 2002
          Lost Contact: August 2002
          Reconnected: April 2010
          Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
            I was thinking of skipping gym tonight because I'm tired, hungry, have a neck ache/head ache, miss him (he left yesterday) and feel like just going home to eat and sleep and get fat...LOL

It's actually a bit like been on drugs when having a meet up. After they/you leave you're withdrawing big time

NOOOO!!! Don't skip it. It is SOOO hard to motivate when you're a little sad about your SO leaving, but think about the look you will get when they see your new hot bod...

The gym will make you feel better (I'm giving myself this speech as well)

Comment

I'm sorry I read your reply too late!
              I'm home, stuffed my face with unhealthy ingredients, tired and feeling sorry for myself. (And didn't go to the gym)

It sucks, why couldn't we just have won the lottery last weekend and that would sort out the problems in my LDR. (=could atleast partly live with him/see him as often as I want). I'll be okay in a week or so

I think I may well have 3,5 months to do something to my body (=before he sees it), although it would be lovely to have it in better shape in June when I go on holiday with my family

Comment

... a little comfort food never hurt anyone. I made it to the gym yesterday but "undid" everything with my dinner choices. We've got time...

Comment

Working...
                X