Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Well, why doesn't he give you money to move?" Pondering a question I find offensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had people ask me similar things, my SO and I aren't closing the distance yet but I've had the questions as of "How come you always go to see him? Why doesn't he come to see you?" One person even got brave enough to ask me "Does he work?" Why because I actually like visiting his place better he doesn't work? No the matter of the fact is that he DOES work and doesn't get vacation time like I do... I just smile and say "I like his place better it's beautiful. Yes he works". I take it with a grain of salt, because like others have said it seems like the person is only looking out for your best interest. Also he has come up to see me twice I just don't discuss all the visits, I like sharing my beautiful photos of VA on the water, not boring ones in my apartment lol.

Comment

my ex paid for many things for me,and now i am scared he will harm me in a maniac way
      my SO motivates me to work and earn money

output: its not the financial part that reflects the person's attitude towards you

Comment

Actually,

since my SO is from a poorer contry, and people from that country tend to want to come to my country because living is better here (the laws, too), I get at little scepticism as to watch out for being taken advantage of. But of course I am getting ripped off! Not so much as I would have been if my boyfriend lived in the US or Australia, though... But I don't know. I used to be very independent with my money, to the point that my ex found it a little offensive. But these days I am more like... it is my money and I still spend it on whatever I would like to, so why not my boyfriend? I don't see the people complaining that they have been ripped off for spending money on a relationship that eventually did not work out. It is still themselves who have spent the money. If they were not happy about it, they should not have spent it...
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My family thinks my boyfriend should have payed for my ticket, but what they don't see is that I cannot work on this visa and I can't provide any money while I am living with him. So while I am here he pays rent (which he would anyways), he buys all the food (more than he would for himself), he pays for my tickets when we go see something, he pays for the food when we go out. All in all for the 3 months it's going to be close to the money I spent on the ticket.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
          X