This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where to post this, but...

For anyone who had been following the events that were related to my LDR, you may have noticed that I haven't been active or posting in some time, I just wanted to post an update to things to clear the air: Darin and I closed the distance at the end of January, I was there with him for just over two months, and things between us have now ended in a romantic sense. I was terribly homesick, missing both the state where I lived and the family/friends that I have. I also came to the realization that the relationship that we had wasn't what I ultimately needed for me. He and I were good friends, but as I have told him, I don't want to be looking back five years from now and feeling bitter/hating him because I stayed when I didn't feel as though I was completely invested in things in the couple type of way. I moved back home at the beginning of April and I am starting things over for myself. I have a wonderful new job that I love, I feel at 'home' again, and I am looking forward to what the future has for me. I don't know if our friendship will ever be the same, but only time can tell if we can settle back to some form of normalcy in that respect at some point. I'll be hanging out here at LFAD some just to watch all of your progress but probably won't post quite so much since I don't know if I can give LDR advice so well since I'm not in one. I hope everyone is doing well!
    Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
    Dating: December 2019
    First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
    - Florida Georgia Line -

Well i'm honestly really sad to hear of an LDR failing just after closing the distance .. it hits too close to my fears because we are about to internationally close the distance and I want it to be as smooth and amazing as possible.

Good to hear that you are back on your feet in your hometown and enjoying life again
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Sorry to hear!

That's always been my fear. It really is difficult and quite an adjustment. If both parties aren't fully in it, it's just not going to work. But glad to hear you're doing well now and doing things to make YOU happy!

Met: November 19, 2010
      Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
      Made it official: April 29, 2011
      Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
      Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
      Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
      K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
      Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
      Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

It is also a great fear of mine. Specially cause we both want to move to another country together and it'll be extra hard to addapt since no one will know anyone at the place.
        I'm really sorry it ended like this... It must be really hard to spend so much time to close the distance and then face this... But I'm happy to know you are doing ok

Comment

Im very sorry that it didnt work out but you sound happy and you definitely did the right thing. im sure there will be a new guy around soon who is right for you!

i also just want to say thank you for posting this, I think it's important for people to know happy ever after doesn't always happen.

Best of luck in the future.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words, I appreciate it more than you know. I've been in an LDR a few times and I think it's just time to let my emotions and heart rest for a while. Sometimes you see things in others and in yourself and you just have to take a step back, for the better of everyone, even if it hurts. Here's to healing, to learning about myself, and to moving on.
            Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
            Dating: December 2019
            First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
            - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Sorry to hear about your break up, I can only imagine how hard it was to go to short distance and then realise it wasn't what you wanted... to you and here's to moving on!
              Joey & Scott
              Met: April 2002
              Lost Contact: August 2002
              Reconnected: April 2010
              Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
              X