You know it is love when...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know it is love when...?

A long the lines of the thread "I live him/her today because..." , but slightly different.
    This could also be titled "I know he/she loves me because..." or "I know I love him/her because...".
    I'm sure you get where I'm coming from though
    I was once told (when I was 16 and unhappy about a situation where the boy didn't return my feelings) that you know it is real love when you can fart together and (instead of feeling embarrassed) laugh about it.

So how do you guys define what you have is love and what things has she/he done (or you experienced together) that made you feel that they love you & or you love them?
    Or what have you done to them out of love?

I will write my own answers to the thread later

You know when it's love when .. His been in the field all week and haven't had a chance to speak and when we do his in the toilet pooping. Every little conversation counts right? Hahaha

Comment

My SO and I decided it's real love when a computer geek can share their beloved computer for 2.5 months with another computer geek :P Doesn't seem like a big deal until you just really want to play your game/paint in photoshop/search for a song and your SO is using the only computer in the house :P

Comment

Some of these may sound a bit cliché, but what the h

You know it is love when...

-he is on your mind all the time
        -he is your first and last thought of the day
        -you get butterflies when the phone beeps/you get email from him
        -he always replies to texts etc (sometimes with a couple hours delay nowadays when it's the busy time of the day)
        -he Skypes you everyday when possible
        -he always thinks of you and wants to make you happy
        -he is willing to travel 4 hours by bus to get to the airport + 3 hours by plane, and he says it was worth it
        -he showers you with pressies (and your children) and has put some thought into them
        -even though he has never said it, you know by his actions that he loves you, as actions speak louder than words
        -you can laugh together at anything, I mean even when been intimate together
        -you feel so relaxed with the other person that you can show him your bad sides/days/moments and still feel secure he loves you unconditionally
        -you don't have a problem being naked around him/without make up/unwashed eye make up the next morning etc (the panda look!)

Here are the first 12, I might come and add some more later

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
          -he is willing to travel 4 hours by bus to get to the airport + 3 hours by plane, and he says it was worth it

-you can laugh together at anything, I mean even when been intimate together
          Big YES
          My SO also has to travel 12 hours on a bus to get to the airport from where he lives. I know it's a pain, but he does it anyway and never complains.

You also know it's love when...
          - you can talk for ages about your future together (closing the distance, getting married, having kids...)
          - he'll go well out of his way to talk to you (like to the internet cafe across town)
          - he'll wash your dirty laundry with his hands (cos nobody trusts a washing machine in Ghana )
          - he'll cook you a meal that takes 3 hours to make just cos it's your favourite
          - you meet some of his friends or family for the first time and they greet you with "I've heard a lot about you"

Comment

I know it's love when...

- I can tell him anything without fear of being rejected
            - Hearing his voice still gives me butterflies after all this time
            - He doesn't get put off about my illnesses and disabilities and instead works with me to have the best time
            - he doesn't mind when I have to put off a "date" because I have to rest
            - he still calls to just check on me and make me smile
            - he knows when I'm not happy or having a bad day just by what I write in the text
            - he makes the effort with my mum
            - he'll do anything for me
            - he talks about our future together...and how much he wants it to happen
            - he doesn't ask me to give up the most important people in my life other than him
            - he's willing to meet me half way

There are lots of them, but I knew it was love for sure when he said he wanted to come to the UK and marry me.
            Joey & Scott
            Met: April 2002
            Lost Contact: August 2002
            Reconnected: April 2010
            Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's love when he lets me pluck between his eyebrows and get rid of his black heads even though both of them hurt
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

-You know it's love when you GIVE UP ALL CHOCOLATE AND PEANUTS for the rest of your life because he's deathly allergic to them.

-When you put their needs before yours.
                -When the sound of their voice can instanly calm your nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by Laural007 View Post
                  -You know it's love when you GIVE UP ALL CHOCOLATE AND PEANUTS for the rest of your life because he's deathly allergic to them.

wow! That IS love!
                  First met online: June, 2010
                  First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                  Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                  Third visit together: August, 2012
                  Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                  Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                  Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                  Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
                    wow! That IS love!
                    I think I've gained a zillion pounds trying to stuff myself silly to make up for it haha

Comment

-when he remembers that months ago I mentioned wanting something to hug and bought me cuddly toy.
                      -when he tells me he will always see the beautiful me he met.
                      -when I can tell him any damn thing and even if he doesn't understand he listens.
                      -when talking to him is better than smoking when I'm angry
                      -when he forgets his own problems only to make me smile
                      -when he looks at naked me and tells me I'm beautiful
                      “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
                      ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
                      Closed the distance >21.03.2015
                      sigpic

Comment

YOU KNOW IT IS LOVE WHEN HE IS 250LBS AND GOES TO THE GYM FOR THE FIRST TIME AND RUNS 12 MILES A DAY ON THE TREADMILL JUST SO HE CAN PLEASE YOUR PARENTS WHEN HE COMES TO MEET THEM. (Note: I didn't really care if he's fat or not. I still love him, but this is really a lot of effort for him!)

--When he saves up all his salary just to buy a $1,200 plane ticket and get a $1,000 hotel accommodation for more than a week just to see me.
                        --When he says he loves my twins (I'm a cup A or B so i'm always insecure about it)
                        --When he makes me laugh every time that I cry by dancing naked with his butt shaking.
                        --When he shouts on the phone every night before he goes to bed, "Togetheeeeer Foreveeeer!" like a little kiddo.

I know, mine is a keeper. <3

Comment

You know it's love when you can text him something like, "I just made up that you have a twin brother named Antoine, roll with it," as a prank on your younger siblings, and he plays along like it's nothing else.

Basically, when you know the most random shit about each other, and you just treat it as normal.
                          "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

-When I can message and vent for hours and he just listens no matter what it's about
                            -When he sees me naked he doesn't judge me,he still thinks I'm beautiful
                            -When he woke up and got on messenger just to console me after I found out about my grandfather being in the hospital because of his cancer
                            -When he got on a bus for almost 2 days & came 1400 miles just to spend 2 months with me even though he hates buses
                            -When he cooked dinner for me for my birthday & even some of our other meals throughout the time he was here
                            -When he got up an did everything for me when I injured myself & then later got sick

These are only a few but there is so much more. I'm so in love with this man I can hardly contain it. <3

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                            Back Together: August 1,2012
                            First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                            Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                            Engaged: January 17,2013
                            Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                            Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                            We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                            SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                            Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

You know it's love when...

-You're not ashamed to be youself (this includes bodily functions )
                              -When someone mentions something about their SO's you instantly think of yours.
                              -You are willing to nurse them back to health when they're vomiting everywhere and you just want to puke yourself.
                              -You don't get mad at them for wasting all the hot water before it's your turn to shower.
                              -When he's willing to run out and pick up feminine hygiene products without being scared.

Notes:
                              Met: 8.17.09
                              Started Dating: 8.20.09
                              First Met: 10.2.10
                              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
                              X