Big problems....help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big problems....help please?

So my SO and I have been together for 6 1/2 months now and our long distance relationship recently went from long to longer now that he's working on a boat 1000 miles away...and since he's been down there things with us have been going down hill... I am very supportive of him and what he's doing and I am incredibly proud of him but I guess I never really expressed that to him....I expressed more to him just how much I missed him and how I wish he could come home soon and stuff like that. And I would also get overly sensitive when he would tell me stuff that was happening there because I guess I would get jealous, because at times I would think he loves his job more than me...and I was also scared that he might decide to just stay there...and never come back. I admit to being wrong in not telling him how supportive I am of him but he's also not happy with the fact that I can't come visit him...when while he was home he was always the one coming to me because I still live under my Mom's rules because I am under her roof and she does not want me going down there to visit him because of the whole hotel situation. Nothing about this trip has come out as planned...he doesn't think he will be able to come home for any period of time just to visit. Which is really hard to deal with because that basically means that I won't see him until late October or November. I really am scared of losing him and I know he feels the same but I really don't know where to go or what to do from here....

your afraid you will "grow" apart? dont really understand..
    but if that is it, you just have hold on write letters send him a package or such some people go longer without seeing there SO they just keep going have a date night and such the standard stuff..

Comment

Everyone goes through periods where they don't see each other for longer than their usual amount... you just have to keep fighting for your relationship and talking to each other to figure out when you can skype/ talk on the phone/ etc. If you want it bad enough you'll make it happen, if not then you won't. Simple as that. Send him letters, cards, care packages etc and ask that he do the same for you. If you work together you can get through the distance.

sigpic

Comment

But then what about his feelings towards my mom's decisions to not let me see him? He loves my mom and she really likes him too but he disagrees with the fact that she still has quite a bit of control over my life, to a point I can't go visit him...

Comment

Frankly there's nothing you or your SO can do about your mom's decision to not let you go see him by yourself. Would she be willing to go visit him with you so you wouldn't be staying in a hotel by yourself? If not, you just have to respect her decision since you live under her roof.

sigpic

Comment

maybe if there is a friend of you that you could bring along she would be better with the thought, and have you asked her why she doesnt want you to go?

Comment

Working...
            X