Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Days!

Hey Everyone

Today has been a good day, well the past few days more really.

My computer broke last week, meaning I lost ALL the emails I had exchanged with Scott (not good considering that I had to have them for the visa application) and although I had backed up things like my work and files and such that couldn't be replaced, I was really upset at only have my phone to keep me going. I have a laptop, but I find that since my brain problems started, the screen is too hard for me to focus on - same with my phone really. So, I was a bit upset. I then had a stand up row with a friend over seemingly nothing (and I still haven't worked out what set her off)

However, yesterday I ordered a new computer tower, it arrived this morning...YAY! AND, I spoke to my dad and he suggested I check the web-mail app for my ISP and there I found all 20K+ emails I have received and sent in the four or so years I've been with the ISP! THEY WERE STILL THERE!!!! yayayayayay! So, although I can't find a way to get them to download again, I have put them in thier own folder and screen capped the folder's pages and such as a way to prove to the visa people that we've been in touch for over 3 years now! I am SO relieved!!

So, now I am writing my chapters (I'm working on two books right now) and about to set up my dropbox account for my editor to send me the next load of edits for my sixth book, which is due out in July and I feel so much better! Sorry I've not been around, and I will try to read the threads through now!
    Joey & Scott
    Met: April 2002
    Lost Contact: August 2002
    Reconnected: April 2010
    Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Good news is good news! Glad to hear it. Your book is due out this July (2013)? That's really exciting! Let us know as it gets closer to publication!
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
      Good news is good news! Glad to hear it. Your book is due out this July (2013)? That's really exciting! Let us know as it gets closer to publication!
      I actually already have five out as e-books...and number six is due on July 8th. They're teen fiction, crime mostly, but some other stuff.
      Joey & Scott

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

yeah!! great to hear!!
        but yeah you got me curious to!! books?? what kind?

Comment

Yay! Glad things are looking up! I also write teen fiction! My next book (second) is due out winter of 2014.
          First met online: June, 2010
          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Third visit together: August, 2012
          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Good to hear Joey.

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
            Yay! Glad things are looking up! I also write teen fiction! My next book (second) is due out winter of 2014.
            Oh you have me interested now what kind of storylines?
            Met Online: February 2009
            Feelings grew: January 2011
            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I'm glad everything is going well for you Joey!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlady View Post
                yeah!! great to hear!!
                but yeah you got me curious to!! books?? what kind?
                Mostly teen fiction in the crime genre...there is also a supernatural element to the series I write. Not sure if I'm allowed to put up the url for my website, so PM me if you want it

Yay! Another writer I am writing books eleven & twelve (I generally write two at once) having finished nine & ten in April. Congrats on your first and second! Do you have a FB or something I could "like" I love to connect with other writers
                Joey & Scott

Comment

sounds exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBug View Post
                    Yay! Another writer I am writing books eleven & twelve (I generally write two at once) having finished nine & ten in April. Congrats on your first and second! Do you have a FB or something I could "like" I love to connect with other writers
                    My fan page (I'm horrible at updating it)

My personal FB
                    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)

Comment

I have both Liked and added! You don't have to approve the Friend request if you're not comfortable with me on your list! I just like knowing and having other writer's on there...my link to my fan page is in my sig, along with my website one What kind of teen fiction do you write?

(Maybe I should take this to PM rather than derail my thread..ah well, it is my thread so it's okay )
                      Joey & Scott

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBug View Post
                        I have both Liked and added! You don't have to approve the Friend request if you're not comfortable with me on your list! I just like knowing and having other writer's on there...my link to my fan page is in my sig, along with my website one What kind of teen fiction do you write?

(Maybe I should take this to PM rather than derail my thread..ah well, it is my thread so it's okay )
                        hehe I wouldn't have linked it if I wasn't comfortable with sharing!

My novels on contract are paranormal romance/urban fantasy (no vampires lol)
                        I'm working on a dystopian/adventure I hope to self-publish this summer (I'm editing/rewriting) and a YA Fantasy that I hope to start querying in the fall...

Comment

I'm going to keep an eye out for these books when I wander into Chapters. It must be so thrilling seeing them in print
                          “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

hehe I wouldn't have linked it if I wasn't comfortable with sharing!

My novels on contract are paranormal romance/urban fantasy (no vampires lol)
                            I'm working on a dystopian/adventure I hope to self-publish this summer (I'm editing/rewriting) and a YA Fantasy that I hope to start querying in the fall...
                            Sounds like really cool books! I love dystopian YA, they are great! I do more YA crime, with a bit of supernatural for my series and I have done one love story, and another on friendship, but the big majority are crime genre Thanks for the add and like on FB, it's nice to have another writer on my list!
                            Joey & Scott

Comment

Originally posted by commasplice View Post
                              I'm going to keep an eye out for these books when I wander into Chapters. It must be so thrilling seeing them in print
                              It's weird, at least for me! All of mine are only e-books right now...I'm looking to have them in paperback in the next year or so, but for now they're just e-books on Amazon and a lot of other places, like iBook and such
                              Joey & Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X