Not enough time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough time

Quick back story... my girlfriend and i have been together for four months, everything has been going well. These past few weeks things have gotten sour. She has two kids, two jobs, and takes online classes. i have no problems with any of her engagements and i'm not the kid of guy that has to have her there talking to me every minuet. She has confessed to me that she is starting to feel guilty and stressed that she does not have enough time for me. The only thing that she can think of is to break up.... i don't know if there is anything that i can do to fix this or if this is the end? Any advice would mean the world to us.

Instead of just breaking up you two could try to come up with alternatives. I understand having kids,work & life can be stressful and take you away from other people and things. But I would suggest trying to schedule like an hour or whatever you guys can spare to sit down and reconnect and talk to one another. If you text or call each other you could call/text each other little notes or send little messages over voice mail to each other. You can email each other if you both have email addresses and you both can read them when you have time. You can also send each other love letters or care packages through the mail. Every little bit helps and you can also go to the 'Things For LDR Couples To Do' thread and see if there's anything else you can do. I really would use breaking up as a last resort. If you both really want the relationship and really love each other then you should both (if possible) find ways to accommodate each other so you guys have more communication. Then if once all options have been tried & exhausted THEN decide if you still want the relationship and go from there.
    Last edited by LadyDaemon; May 14, 2013, 07:48 PM.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

My SO and I's number one rule when some troubles come up is that "breaking up is not always an option". An LDR is never easy, but every single time you're both busy, or there's too much stress going on, you and your SO shouldn't just think of breaking up easily. You can try LadyDaemon's suggestions up there.

If you are both busy, try texting once a day, just to update each other about what's happening to you. and then schedule your talks on the weekends or any day you're both comfortable. My SO and I only talk for about 20 minutes on Skype everyday, and then we just talk longer on weekends. We send random texts (about five per day) and that's it. If you feel secure that you love each other, you can work your way around it.

Goodluck dear.

Comment

tell her that she is wurth waiting for and sometimes work and such just comes first! if you get an half an hour a day to talk and a few more in the weekend or such great! further yeah email and such then she can read/reply in the time that she has
        i assume this isnt going to be forever
        even people who live togheter sometimes don't talk that much becuase of work.. good luck!

Comment

she's telling me that it doesn't matter if im ok with it or not, she cant do it...i think she is dead set on not staying in this relationship. How do i just let her give up like that? Even going to go see her would not change her mind

Comment

Originally posted by Jaft View Post
            she's telling me that it doesn't matter if im ok with it or not, she cant do it...i think she is dead set on not staying in this relationship. How do i just let her give up like that? Even going to go see her would not change her mind
            Then you might need to accept that she's not willing to do this relationship any longer, for whatever reason. You don't "let" or not let her give up. If she doesn't want to stay in the relationship, there's nothing you can do. :/

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
              Then you might need to accept that she's not willing to do this relationship any longer, for whatever reason. You don't "let" or not let her give up. If she doesn't want to stay in the relationship, there's nothing you can do. :/
              yeah i'm finding that out right now, the "break up" has started. what a let down

Comment

Working...
              X