Making it up to him after snapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making it up to him after snapping

My boyfriend of over 6 years and I are both in the run-up to finals. He handles the stress better than I do. He texted me about a book I'd loaned to him, I texted back saying 'Glad you're enjoying it' and he replied saying 'you don't know what I'm on about do you :P' and I just snapped. I knew he was just joking, but for some reason I just went really snappy and said 'I do, but I'm revising and drafting a report, so sorry if my replies aren't in-depth and analytical'. I feel really guilty about snapping, and I know that he'll say that 'it's ok' but I have a short fuse and sometimes triggers like stress just set me off. I'm worried that I'm going to do it once too often and he's going to walk. Any advice on how to make it up to him?

Originally posted by Liver Bird View Post
    My boyfriend of over 6 years and I are both in the run-up to finals. He handles the stress better than I do. He texted me about a book I'd loaned to him, I texted back saying 'Glad you're enjoying it' and he replied saying 'you don't know what I'm on about do you :P' and I just snapped. I knew he was just joking, but for some reason I just went really snappy and said 'I do, but I'm revising and drafting a report, so sorry if my replies aren't in-depth and analytical'. I feel really guilty about snapping, and I know that he'll say that 'it's ok' but I have a short fuse and sometimes triggers like stress just set me off. I'm worried that I'm going to do it once too often and he's going to walk. Any advice on how to make it up to him?
    I'd just apologise next time you spoke, he knows the stress you're under as he's under the same stress and it all effects everyone differently. Try to count to ten, take a few deep breaths before you reply to stop it happening again. I have a similar problem and at times I'll just walk away for a few moments before replying so that I know I'm not reacting in anger.

Good Luck with your exams!
    Joey & Scott
    Met: April 2002
    Lost Contact: August 2002
    Reconnected: April 2010
    Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

People snap all the time. I'm sure he understands you are a little stressed atm. Just apologize next time you talk to him. Or give him a call and say "Im sorry for snapping. I'm a little stressed right now. " Easy peasy

Comment

You didn't really snap. I'd just apologise and move on.

Comment

Working...
        X