Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you fly to see your SO and who has more time to come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like my relationship. His job is random and unpredictable so he never knows when he's going to come here, the only solid dates we have for visits are when I go there to see him. Even with me, I have a dick for a boss who doesn't like to let me take time off so we both kind of struggle with seeing each other and trust me, I feel your pain on each and every level because all I want to do is be with him. So far I have gone to him twice and he has come to me once. I don't have much advice except that patience is key here. It's a lot harder to get through the time apart when you don't have a set date for when you're going to see each other again, so I like to kind of make up a date in my head and it helps time move a long faster. I know its easier said than done but stay as busy as you can, that way you're not constantly dwelling on the fact that he's not around. -hugs-

Comment

Usually I visit. This semester I had my classes scheduled so that I had Fridays and Mondays off (four day weekends, anyone?). He works full time and makes a pretty decent living, which is the ONLY reason we can afford to see each other so often (every 2-3 weeks). He's come up here a few times (either flying then renting a car or driving the whole 11h) and it's been great having him here meeting my friends and helping me with grocery shopping (I don't have a car so do everything on foot). But he can only stay for a weekend, which doesn't always feel worth it.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I usually go over to him mostly. We did meet up once in Ireland and he came here once, the rest of the time I go there. The general idea is that I will end up moving there so it makes more sense plus his job and school make him holidays much stickier. I can work remotely while I am with him and have more travel money than he does. I have a really hard time being away from him, I don't even feel like I am the "whole" me when I am waiting to be back with him. I just take it day by day and try to stay as busy as I can. I like to make plans for things that we will be able to do together when reunited. I also like to practice some recipes and then describe them in detail to him. One thing is for sure, the best coping mechanism I have found is THIS COMMUNITY.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We also alternate. We're about a 3 hr plane right away... same time zone. At a minimum, we see each other once a month. We try to both see each other once a month... so every 3 or so weeks. I respect those in really long distance relationships with much longer flights and different timezones. I don't know how y'all do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
            So far, he has never come to me. I can't wait until he can come to me
            That is the same in my situation. I have(so far) always been the one to fly out to see her.

First Visit: September 2016
            Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
            Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
            For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
            John 4:12
            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
            X