X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time next week ..

I will be getting ready to board my plane

Hey Guys,

So this time next week i will be getting ready to board my plane at Heathrow in the UK to start my 15+ hour journey to Kansas City with my layover at Houston Texas. I think i am pretty much set, I have all the documents i think i need. Money has been placed on a travel master card so i can use in the states. Doing my ironing and packing 2 nights before (because i know i do it now i will only go over it again and again until the day i fly). My SO for the past 2 months has seemed some what laid back about the whole thing, Even when days crept closer he seemed calm about it all. Dont get me wrong it was abit gutting that he didnt seem excited .. BUT NOW .. wow haha his been signing down the phone to me. When he came home from work last night he was stripping out of his military unioform and acting a total girl. I think someone is getting a little excited.

His getting exciting and im getting nervous! HAHA. Ok, so ive decided for my 9 hour flight i am wearing sweat pants, converses and a top + cardigan. When i land in Houston Texas i will be changing into some skinny jeans/Jeggins and putting on a oversized smart jumper on with converses. But having my hair fairly neat well as neat as i can after traveling all that way and also my makeup

I am so scared girls & Guys! my first ever time of meeting him after 5 years from when we first started talking. Is this really happening? Wow. If anyone could give me some support or tips on anything apart from enjoying myself it would help A LOT!! haha

Louise
    x

EXCITING!!!

My only advice is be yourself and allow yourself to be nervous but remember It'll all pass and everything will be fine! Have fun and really enjoy your trip.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
      Have fun and really enjoy your trip.
      Thank you so much! Eeeeeeep. I can't even begin to descibe how i'm feeling

Comment

Woah...5 years?! That is so exciting that you're finally going to meet! I don't really have much advice except to not overthink things and just allow yourself to enjoy every minute!

Comment

I don't think I have any advice left I think you're over-thinking things a bit, just relax! all you have to do is wait for the time to pass until you leave.. not much else you know what you're doing and have a plan. Just follow it and you'll be good.

good luck meeting - that will all be fine. Deep breaths and enjoy the adventure
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

You are going to be nervous but don't worry it will be great! I was so nervous I thought I was going to puke the whole way there the first time. I still get butterflies when I go now but thankfully the nerves went away. This time next week I will be with my sweetheart too!! I can't wait I am so excited and it has only been 2 months. I can't imagine 5 years.

Comment

I just wanted to add that try to keep calm, it's normal to be nervous and after so long I can understand those nerves, but relax as much as you are able and it will go easier. Good Luck and don't forget pictures!
              Joey & Scott
              Met: April 2002
              Lost Contact: August 2002
              Reconnected: April 2010
              Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Pictures! I kind of regret not taking more photos when we first met. Video if possible! lol You're going to rock it. Also, I'm not sure what the weather is like in Kansas but it's already pretty warm (and muggy) in Texas - make sure to pack for that! Won't be needing any sweaters of jackets I'm sure.

Good luck woman!

Met: November 19, 2010
                Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
                Made it official: April 29, 2011
                Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
                Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
                Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
                K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
                Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
                Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

I had goosebumps while reading the post, I'm so excited for you and him! Especially after 5 years, OMG :') It's so amazing when you meet your SO for the first time in person.
                  one piece of advice- be yourself (of course you will duh;p) be yourself!! it's totally normal to be nervous as well!
                  be sure to take lots lots of photos and videos :')

Comment

YAAAAY ! It's so close now. I'm so happy and excited for you.
                    You'll be fine ! You're prepared, you've got everything, you're super excited.

Have a great trip and enjoy your time together. After waiting for 5 years.. THIS is special !

Comment

Ironic. In a week I will be leaving Kansas City (where I live, on the Kansas side) to go to Houston where my boyfriend is

Kansas City is a beautiful city, lots of fountains and little parks/gardens. It's the best season to visit, really. It's warming up but not too warm yet. Expect wind and the occasional very rapid rain or even thunderstorm, but we should be getting a lot of sunshine (although saying that... Kansas weather is unpredictable!).

You will LOVE Kansas City airport. It's tiny so you just walk straight out. I am assuming you will be flying with United Airlines - they are the only one to offer direct service from Houston to Kansas City - and be aware that they don't let you take your large carry on inside the aircraft sometimes - you have to leave it before you get in the plane and claim it after you leave the plane. DON'T FORGET IT, like I did once

Feel free to message me if you have any Kansas City-specific questions. I am so excited for you!
                      So, here you are
                      too foreign for home
                      too foreign for here.
                      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Girls, thank you so much for sharing the excitement with me, It really will be a special time for me. His mom his even flying in from Boston on my last day to come and meet me i feel pretty special that im worth his mum flying in to see me.

[QUOTE I am assuming you will be flying with United Airlines - they are the only one to offer direct service from Houston to Kansas City - and be aware that they don't let you take your large carry on inside the aircraft sometimes - you have to leave it before you get in the plane and claim it after you leave the plane. DON'T FORGET IT, like I did once][/QUOTE]

Haha thanks for the heads up! Yes i am flying with United Airlines the whole way even my plane from London to Houston. I am allowed my own personal bag aswel as my carry on luggage too right? im still not to sure about this! Sounds like Kansas really is a lovely place. Kind of annoys me when people relate to it as cornfields and dont mention the nice parts. Thank you hunny, do you have facebook?

Comment

I do have facebook - I'll message you privately as soon as I finish this post.

Yeah, sorry for not being clear - you are allowed your regular size luggage (that you check in, sometimes for a fee though depending on how you got your ticket) and your carry-on bag (for free). The thing is that for domestic flights they use those smaller planes that don't have overhead compartments for your carry-on, so they only allow you a small handbag or something actually with you, and you have to leave the other one at the door of the airplane.

I know, everyone teased me when I moved to Kansas because it's all 'cattle country and corn fields' but Kansas City is really something else!
                          So, here you are
                          too foreign for home
                          too foreign for here.
                          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
                          X