Our last week together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our last week together

The love of my life and I met when she was in vet school in Oklahoma and I was living in Tulsa. 6 months into our relationship, she moved to Virginia to complete a 1 year rotating internship. In that time I moved to Denver, and in July of 2012 we closed the distance and happily lived together, madly in love, until now. I was laid off on January 2nd of this year when the company I had been working for sold the assets for which I was responsible.

I spent 3 months desperately looking for a job here in Denver. However, the crash in natural gas prices last year has really hammered the market for drilling engineers in Denver. Eventually, it became clear that I would have to leave Denver. I expanded my search to Texas, and had a job in Dallas within a week. I start on the 28th and I'm leaving for Dallas on the 26th.

She has only been in her first job after the internship for about 6 months now and really isn't in a position to leave right now. So I'll be making the move without her, but with plans to reunite in a year or so when she'll have a more marketable resume.

This has obviously been absolutely devastating. She cries almost every night, and it's gotten to me a few times too.

This is going to be so very hard, but we know that we want to spend the rest of our lives together.
    Last edited by ch3cooh; May 17, 2013, 01:03 PM.

What a tough situation But the fact that you have a plan of sorts (to reunite after a year) should be a bit comforting. And then there are the trips you could probably take in between.

But welcome to Texas (and LFAD ) - I hope you two can find the strength to survive the LDR. It's difficult but always possible!

Met: November 19, 2010
    Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
    Made it official: April 29, 2011
    Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
    Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
    Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
    K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
    Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
    Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

That sounds like a difficult situation all round. I can only imagine how hard it would be to go back to LD after managing to close to the distance...but, you did manage it once and hopefully it won't be long before she's joining you in Texas. Welcome to LFAD and Good Luck.
      Joey & Scott
      Met: April 2002
      Lost Contact: August 2002
      Reconnected: April 2010
      Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBug View Post
        That sounds like a difficult situation all round. I can only imagine how hard it would be to go back to LD after managing to close to the distance...but, you did manage it once and hopefully it won't be long before she's joining you in Texas. Welcome to LFAD and Good Luck.
        It's been a bit of a punch in the gut. I'm dreading next Sunday. Getting in the truck and leaving her behind is going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done. We have a vacation planned for June. Her college roommate is getting married in Burgundy so we're going to spend two weeks in the Loire, Burgundy and Paris. The downside is that it is going to use almost all of my PTO for the year. Watching her walk down the jetway for the flight to Denver and then heading for my flight to Dallas almost brings me to tears just thinking about it. I'm trying to be strong for her but damn if it doesn't eat me up inside in my quiet moments.

Comment

My heart goes out to you. My only suggestion is try to enjoy the time you have left. I always end up spending my last few weeks with him in half tears, so I know it is not easy to accomplish but then I always wish I had not done that. I suggest you start some projects that you can continue to work on together while LDR. We always pick a show on netflix or amazon and stream it together while chatting. You might also enjoy a couple pendant key chain that you each hold half of, when CD we put it together and when LDR we each have ours to comfort us. When the day comes each time to walk down that jetway, I like to rip the bandage off. I think of it as soon as I am on that plane, I am counting back to when I can see him again. I also lean on this site a lot too, even if I don't feel like posting sometimes, it just helps. Welcome aboard.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
            I always end up spending my last few weeks with him in half tears, so I know it is not easy to accomplish but then I always wish I had not done that.
            I totally do this too, and then end up regretting it right after. Just really spend every single second that you can together and cherish the time that you have. It's so hard being away from the person you love so much. After closing the distance, I don't ever think I could be separated again, it takes such a huge toll. But just try to skype when you can, send love letters and pictures. You have been through it before, and you both just have to be strong. And if you both are madly in love like you say, everything will work out. (: Keep your head up! Tell her to join LFAD!
            "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

That was so much harder than expected it to be. She was sobbing, and I just couldn't hold it together. I can't think of the last time I cried so hard. I got in my truck and sobbed uncontrollably for about 10 minutes before I could start driving.

I love her so much

Comment

Knowing you want to be togehter for ever is something very helpfull, I think. It is so hard, and I wish you all the best, but stay positive. You've done that before and you will be together for the rest of your lives. Keep your head up!

Comment

I'm so sorry. It's so hard, that first bit of leaving. We can all sympathise with how much it hurts. Take care of yourself and try and stay positive.

Comment

Working...
                  X