New and not sure what do to!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and not sure what do to!

Hey everyone. Me an my gf are about 100 miles away, and she's a really attractive woman and I'm not bragging but guys do hit on her all the time. I don't want to be the jealous bf and act like I don't trust her, but just looking for some advice on what I should do?

Why does she tell you about it? Tell her to stop. It's really not that serious for her to tell you.

Comment

Also, there's nothing really you can do? You trust her, she can't stop people hitting on her, it happens. I've been hit on a few times since I've been with SO, I just laugh about it and then ignore it.

Comment

I was going to ask the same thing as LB...Why is she telling you this? I mean is she insecure and wants to make you feel better by bragging to you about being hit on all the time? I would have a talk with her and tell her how it makes you feel. How long have you been together? Have you met? I am in NY too
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

LDRs all must must must have trust, without it you are doomed. If you love each other who cares who gets hit on?
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

to reply to all yes I know its about trust and I trust her completely but do not trust those guys. The reason she told me was because I asked about a friend of her's and she told me that he hits on her and she then said it was not only him. I mean to save on money I'm doing the whole greyhound trip things to see her I just want to know how to calmly address the issue without seeming jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by shockey77 View Post
              to reply to all yes I know its about trust and I trust her completely but do not trust those guys.
              Bullcrap. Total bullcrap. You DON'T trust her. What do you think they're going to do? Wave a magic wand and suddenly she'll fall in love with one of them instead of you? If she says no and they do something to her, that's called rape.
              Made it official: 12-01-10
              First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
              Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

to reply to all yes I know its about trust and I trust her completely but do not trust those guys. The reason she told me was because I asked about a friend of her's and she told me that he hits on her and she then said it was not only him. I mean to save on money I'm doing the whole greyhound trip things to see her I just want to know how to calmly address the issue without seeming jealous.
                You don't trust her. If you trusted her, you would not worry about the prospect of men hitting on her.

Comment

You guys are right thanks, I should be more trusting of her. Thanks for the advice just was not sure how to handle it

Comment

You guys are right thanks, I should be more trusting of her. Thanks for the advice just was not sure how to handle it
                    Learn to trust her or you will most likely lose her. Maybe if you swallow that hard pill it might help you understand how important it is. You will also drive yourself crazy in an LDR if all you think about is her cheating on you.

If somebody wants to cheat, they will. They can meet people in banks, library, school, work..............etc......................anywher e. If you trust her and your love, then you should know this is not going to happen.
                    Last edited by Hollandia; May 18, 2013, 12:09 AM.
                    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I've always favoured video games as team-building exercises. Maybe learn to trust each other in a video game and then things will pick up from there. I have plenty of great ideas, assuming your computer is somewhat up to snuff (and a few as well if it isn't =P)

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                        You don't trust her. If you trusted her, you would not worry about the prospect of men hitting on her.
                        Totally agree with this.
                        "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

I know where the OP is coming from, I had this problem with my SO early on. I have a good friend at work that hits on me all the time, flirts with me, and wants to take me away from my BF, would do just about anything to break us up. My BF used to ask about the guy all the time "what did he say tonight?", "how much time did you spend talking to him?", blah, blah, blah...

I told my BF that I let the guy know that I wasn't interested in anything more than a friendship, but he was still concerned, so I showed him a text conversation between the guy and myself where I informed my friend that I was committed to my BF, we are making long term plans, and I would never betray his trust. My BF stopped asking after that. But, he is insecure because every woman hes ever been involved with has cheated or otherwise betrayed his trust, so I understood the issue. He had to come to realize I am NOT those women.

My advice, give her your faith, give her your trust. She deserves your trust until she does something to no longer deserve it. Trust me, us women can handle unwelcome suitors better than our men think we can. I, for one, can kill a man's confidence without laying a hand on him...

Comment

Learn to Trust Her or it will eat away your relationship.
                            I used to be like this but since I talked about it with my SO, things are going better than they ever have.

She chose you for a reason, you're special to her. always remember that

Comment

Working...
                            X