Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have much friends in my area either, but I do is occupy that time with stuff I love doing. Since I want to be a writer, I write and read a lot. And I exercise too, since it gives me something to do. =) So I think you can content yourself into focusing on doing some hobbies that would be sure to interest you.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend going to a MeetUp alone as it can be awkward and off putting to be the new guy. I'd go but bring someone you know until your comfortable!

In London, I foun the easiest way to make friends was tell people that I needed friends. I DO get lonely and need social interaction even of its superficial (drinking) so I would ask someone I liked or didn't annoy me to no end for a drink.

If you are into it is recommend taking a class. Seriously. Once you've gone for a bit you really do make friends. Choose something you love!

Comment

I have friends locally, through the bike club I am a member of. I also have friends at several bike shops, along with a friend who has a business in computers. But I think the vein of the OP's question, is really in reference to the friends that a person might go out to dinner with, or to a party.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I am a bit of an extrovert. I never have any problems going anywhere and talking to people. I used to have a nice full social circle when I was with my CD ex. I really really miss people and I know how hard it is to feel so lonely most of the time in RL. I lost most contact with my friends because I stay home all the time to save money to be able to see my SO. Plus, I also stay home to make sure to spend time with him. I went out shopping by myself last weekend and missed watching something with him he wanted to see but I had to get out of the house. I think I have turned to internet friends in my case. I have found that while it is not the same as having people to go to movies or dinners with, it does help to fill that whole a bit. I tell myself that I am saving all those other types of events to share with my SO.

I was just thinking that many of us already do movies with our SO's through the chat and perhaps for those of us that get lonely we could make a thread to do them together when a two or more people want to and meet up in the LFAD chat room to watch some stuff. Anybody else think is something that they would like to alleviate the loneliness?
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have a few friends where I am, not a whole lot and for the most part they are not extremely local (still some driving involved). Sometimes like this week they'll all want to see me so I'm extremely busy. Other times I go for weeks with talking to my SO being the only social interaction I have. I love my computer though so it doesn't usually bug me.
            So, here you are
            too foreign for home
            too foreign for here.
            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

You are not alone
              I also have no friends in my city, the people I considered as my friends ignore me and exclude me out of everything..

Like you, I have 1-2 friends online that are interested in my life :') but they live in a different country and it sucks!
              try going to social clubs , it's a great way to meet new people. Also you could get a Job as your co workers can become good friends or even volunteering at places!
              Good luck! you always have us if you need someone to talk to!

Comment

I don't have much friends and I see them barely never, but it's a choice and my way of being. I don't need to hang out and enjoy playing video games online with them somehow more than going outside. Obviously, sometime when I see how big my SO social life is, I wonder why I don't go out as well and sometime feel idiot.
                But there's plenty of things to do by yourself, as you can also meet people online. I know all of my friends (and when I say all, it's ALL of them) from the internet. Forums, video games online... are great ways to start a friendship. It's up to you to start news things and new friendship; the world is big, and it's yours!

Comment

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one! I do have a full time job but have not made outside of work friends and for the time being, it will stay that way. Maybe when someone new comes in, it could change. I'll try to find ways to make friends online so I can have some social connections lol. Thanks everyone for replying!
                  Our love story:
                  Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                  Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                  Reconnected: August 2012
                  Began dating LD: November 2012
                  Engaged! March 2014
                  Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
                  X