Should i put the effort in this distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should i put the effort in this distance

Hello, this i my first time writing here.

My relationship with this guy is not a relationship yet, but i think I am starting to like him on the day that we part. I knew this guy from an exchange student tour program between Japan and Thailand back in March 2013. The students from Japan came to visit our university first in Thailand on a six day site seeing tour. I had the chance to take care of him on one of these days by taking him out to lunch as a group lunch. We began as good friends and acquaintance. It was a short meeting but it made me happy every time I get to talk to him. We left of by saying a friendly goodbye because in the next two months it'll be my turn to visit his country as a sightseeing tour program.

During the two months I didn't think of him more than a friend as I only knew him for a short time. We exchange friendly conversations all along through facebook chat but i'm mainly the one saying 'hello' to him first. During this time he liked his friend in Japan, so I wasn't really serious.
    From time to time I just ask him of the update if he had told his friend whether he likes her yet but he said that 'no', until the last week before I left of to Japan he said 'his feelings for her were gone', 'maybe maybe not he still likes her' along these lines. We asked him for his contact no, and we exchange numbers before I left off. I bought him mangos from Thailand as he requested it.

The sightseeing tour was only for three nights so the time to see him was shorter than I thought it would be. The first day I only had a chance to meet him for 30 minutes because I had to move to another sightseeing sight which is a four hour ride from his apartment, so we decided that we might meet on the second day. I gave him the mangos and he was thankful for it as there are no mangos in Japan. On the second night there was some sort of miscommunication so I ended up only meeting him for 5 minutes after dinner. I was surprised that he still came. I asked him if he wanna hang out around the place near the hotel, but he told me that the hotel I'm staying in is far from his place and there are no train rides for him to take home at night. So I decided to make a phone call and make it up to him on the third night. On that night we made an appointment to go shopping together on the third night after his studies because he said he'll be studying from morning till evening on my last night.

The last night was when I realized that my feelings for him is more than just friendship. He was able to come to the group dinner between the Japanese and Thai students. During dinner I asked him whether he still want to come shopping with me and my friends. To my deep disappointment he said that he's deciding because he had to do homework and his test is next week. So from that point I ignored him and distance myself to talk to other friends. However he still ended up going shopping because other friends didn't give him a choice, but we didn't shop together. the groups were being split into four so that the Japanese students can take care of us easier.

After 900 pm my friends and i decided to split with the Japanese students because we kinda want to take a stroll on our own. The student who took care of me happens to be the girl that he used to like so it even made me wanna say a quick goodbye. I saw her making a phone call and line messaged him, which i couldn't understand cause its in Japanese. A few seconds later I saw him running from behind, to say goodbye to us. He said 'Thank you and I'll see you in Thailand.' I was over enthusiastically saying bye to him and just bluntly walked off. It was too tough for me to face him on the last night when he actually appeared on the last minute.

After I came back to Thailand we both didn't chat on facebook nor make phone calls until a few days later he publicly posted on his own facebook wall that 'Thank you for the mangos. It tempts me to go to Thailand.' I didn't respond to this post until a week later along with a private message to him to facebook. The private message was mainly to express my true thoughts that I didn't have the chance to express them in the tight 3 day trip in Japan. I told him that i was sorry for acting weird, that it was tough saying goodbye to him and I don't know whether i can still keep him the promise that we will meet in a years time. He's going to come to my country as an exchange student August next year for a year.

I sent a message to him last night and he read it 25 minutes later. A day past by and he still hasn't replied a single word. So right now i'm being panicky about it and I don't know what to do. Should I make a phone call to him? or keep silent and wait for his reply? or just forget about him?

First off... Deep breaths! I know you're feeling panicky, but it's hard to judge how to should react to his reaction if he hasn't even reacted yet. So, I would say, wait until he replies. And if he never ever replies...? Then he wasn't interested. You could always try remessaging him after a few days. Or calling him. But as of right now, there isn't much else you can do.

Comment

Working...
    X