Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Year Anniversary - What can I do special?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Year Anniversary - What can I do special?

My 2 year anniversary is coming up,
    I can't go any meet her due to work commitments

Does anyone have any ideas of anything I can do to treat her on the night or during the day?

She said well celebrate when we see each other next..
    But I want to do something special there and then just because I want to show her what she means

flowers are always very nice if you can manage such thing (don't know where she lives)
    box of sweets maybe? a self written poem maybe

Comment

For my own personal 2 year anniversary he spoiled me. He sent me a promise ring! This was a couple weeks before his first visit here. We usually plan to spend the day together if we can't be together in person, chat and video together. But he spoils me, I recommend writing a letter! I love them because I can always go back and read them when I haven't in awhile or im really missing him. Also if your not meeting for a long time in between, I love having one of his shirts. I wear them all the time, and makes me feel close. Anyway Happy anniversary!
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

You could always look in the Gifts Ideas section of the forum. There are some great ideas there!

https://members.lovingfromadistance....cial-Occasions

Some of my favorite ideas:
        a special skype date where you both dress up
        have pizza delivered for your SO
        a countdown gift if you know when you're going to be seeing each other
        (like this one from Catface! https://members.lovingfromadistance....t-for-my-SO!!!)

Just be creative and try to come up with something your SO will love!

sigpic

Comment

I say.. try and video chat on the day if possible.. at least message or chat in some way. Or let her know ahead of time so she doesn't feel disappointed. You could try ordering flowers for her from somewhere in her town to be sent to her (or picked up by someone she lives with, like a family member, if you can message them). Buy her a special gift?

My boyfriend and I actually got to spend our 2nd year anniversary together last year and it was nice, though we were together and that was all we needed. Our third anniversary we will miss out on being together in person because I leave from a visit a few days before. But we'll be able to celebrate it together. Though we don't worry about doing anything too special for our anniversaries, it's just nice to have that contact. Writing a message or sending a card and a gift would be a nice gesture, especially if it's something she'll like!!

Comment

for me personally I find it really special when my SO takes the time to write something and post it to me if we can't be together to celebrate whatever the occasion is... It's really special to touch/read something that your SO has personally put so much energy into whilst you're LD. I also second the idea of having flowers delivered if that's feasible for you.

I just think you really need to put the energy into putting together a personally written card to her and choose out a nice gift, send it out in advance and tell her not to open it until the day... and as an extra surprise you could send flowers too. It really makes it much more exciting having a gift waiting there to be opened from your SO on a special day
            Met Online: February 2009
            Feelings grew: January 2011
            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012