The week after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The week after

You would think after the 5th time I would be prepared for this hard week after I come home from visiting but I'm not sure I can ever get used to it. We had an amazing time together but this week after is so hard that I almost think...is it really worth it? I know it is and I have to just focus on the wonderful time we spent together but this week or so after is killer for me. Anyone else have a really hard time dealing with things after a visit? I miss him like crazy all the time but I do find it gets a little better after the initial return wears off.

Here is a pic of us from my last trip

Last edited by srtd35; June 3, 2013, 11:12 AM.

Yeah, it never really gets easier... but I try not to dwell on that and just look forward to the next trip. My BF and I have been together for a bit over a year. I just got back from seeing him and he will be here again next weekend. But after that, we have some work commitments and will have at least a 4-5 weeks break and then only 2 days together and another 4-5 week break. We try and see each other every 2-3 weeks, depending on the flight costs. I'm sure after next weekend I will be down for a few days. It's hard going back into a routine when all you want to do is be with them. But it is worth it... or to me it is. I also know we will be trying to close the distance in 2014 so every time I start to miss him terribly, I remind myself this is only temporary.

Comment

Your picture is really cute!

I try my best to delve into work or school as much as I can after a visit, in order to distract myself.
      ~~~

Comment

I totally understand! I've been home for a week after visiting my BF. We had a wonderful time. Leaving was really emotional for us both. I was really sad for a couple days after. It's been over a week and I feel much better now! We're planning our next visit which makes the time go by faster. Of course I miss him every day, but I remember the fun we had and look forward to our next visit! Which should be in less than 2 weeks! Sometimes when I miss him a lot, I remember that this is only for now. And worth it of course!

Comment

You're both sooo cute together!!!! Where was it taken?? And honestly, I feel your pain. I see my SO about once a year, if I'm able to. I'm a student and he's about to enlist so I feel like it's going to be a lot harder, but the month after we part is always really hard. He tends to leave me a shirt or a sweatshirt and I would go to sleep with it. It's really just a waiting for time to pass kind of a thing.

First met: June 2012
          Became Committed: June 04, 2012
          Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
          Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

That's a great picture - thank you for sharing

It's definitely a process, trying to get back to normal after a visit. The first week is really bad, but then it tapers off. I miss him all the time. but once you get back into your routine it feels easier. I'm about to go on my 10th visit to see him and I already know how I'll feel when I get back. Luckily I have this place that completely understands when we feel like this

Comment

I love the picture you guys look great together! For me, leaving after a visit unfortunately doesn't get any easier no matter how many times I get to see my SO. The first night or two is usually the hardest because I tend to dwell on the fact that I was just with him and now he's gone, but once I get back into my normal routine of school and work things go back to normal. Just try not to dwell on it, get back into work, and look forward to your next visit!

Comment

I know the feeling! The first week or so after is sooo hard. I always find myself questioning the relationship, etc. When you've been together and you have to return to the distance all of a sudden all those moments that were great via distance seem to not be good enough...but it's an adjustment time and eventually things get back into it's original pattern...
                First met online: June, 2010
                First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                Third visit together: August, 2012
                Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by ams.201220 View Post
                  You're both sooo cute together!!!! Where was it taken?? And honestly, I feel your pain. I see my SO about once a year, if I'm able to. I'm a student and he's about to enlist so I feel like it's going to be a lot harder, but the month after we part is always really hard. He tends to leave me a shirt or a sweatshirt and I would go to sleep with it. It's really just a waiting for time to pass kind of a thing.
                  Thanks! It was taken in a bar near his house.

We also went to beach and spent time with his family It really was a great trip like always! Thanks everyone for your kind words. I feel like no one in "real life" knows how hard it is but it does get slightly easier everyday and like he says it is not goodbye only until next time.

Here is a collage I made for him

Comment

Originally posted by srtd35 View Post
                    Thanks! It was taken in a bar near his house.

We also went to beach and spent time with his family It really was a great trip like always! Thanks everyone for your kind words. I feel like no one in "real life" knows how hard it is but it does get slightly easier everyday and like he says it is not goodbye only until next time.

Here is a collage I made for him
                    OMG!!!!!! Did you make that on a website?? I'm really big into crafting and stuff so I love scrapbooking-type websites!

First met: June 2012
                    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
                    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
                    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Originally posted by ams.201220 View Post
                      OMG!!!!!! Did you make that on a website?? I'm really big into crafting and stuff so I love scrapbooking-type websites!
                      PicsArt app on my phone. Very easy

Comment

Working...
                      X