Cause of LDR - School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause of LDR - School

I was wondering how many people are currently in an LDR because of school? During my 1st year of college, I noticed that the majority of students who had an LDR broke up with their SO because they couldn't handle it. Because of this, I wonder how many people actually stayed together and are still going strong?

Well our school isn't the reason we are in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend has always lived in Texas and I've always lived in California. But once I finish school we're going to be able to make our relationship start moving faster. That's because one of us will be moving. So I want to graduate quick! haha

Comment

Well, school is actually the reason we are together! lol We met at our Uni and the distance is caused by her living out of state and also not being a citizen. School is also a complicator of the whole situation, as she has to stay in it in order to stay in the country.

Comment

Well, we are in a LDR because she lives 11,500+ miles away from me. But once I finish school - probably 2 (or 4) years from now - we want to end the distance.

Comment

I go to college in Arizona in 4 days then I will be in a LDR because of school. My boyfriend is staying in California for his senior year of high school. I've been worried about the same thing before but the way I think about it is, the relationships that are meant to work out will. So I'm going to work hard at my relationship and hope we are as strong as I believe we are.

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
            Well our school isn't the reason we are in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend has always lived in Texas and I've always lived in California. But once I finish school we're going to be able to make our relationship start moving faster. That's because one of us will be moving. So I want to graduate quick! haha
            with me its basically the same ^^
            School is a one of the biggest burdens we have cause of the stress it everything but honestly I dont think it should be a reason to break up.
            I know my bf broke up with his ex partially cause of distance (he was in GA and her in KY) but then again seein as I am in Germany and he's in KY now I dont think it was his main reason to leave her ^^

Comment

We've been together, 15 months, next tuesday she will be moving 3 hours north to go to school.
              I'm scared beyond belief =/
              bu this site gives me A LOT OF HOPE.
              You just gotta make things work, I started doing crazy side jobs to make extra money to be able to visit and what not.
              Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
              Starting Dating: 5.22.09
              Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
              Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
              Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

I'm in a LDR because she lives in another country, not because of school. Though i do start studying to be a nurse soon and that will take up a lot of my time so that will probably be slightly less fun but i will make time.. somehow =)

Comment

Working...
                X