Pet Names Do You Got Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Names Do You Got Them?

I'm curious how many have pet names for there SO and what are they and is there a cute story behind why the name I know im nosey hehe but i can share mine below as well.

So me and boyfriend use names like baby, and my love, love, sweetheart, darlin and so on but we also have a specific name we call each other...

So I wish I could share the link to the youtube video but not old enough on here yet to do so. But if you look up the muppets stand by me its a video that he sent to me one time to get me to smile and in a twisted way it did and that was the day our names of bein each others bunnies was born..

I'm his love bunnie and he's my snuggle bunny

cute!

I was never big on pet name, but with him it came natural... one day out of nowhere I called him hun, and since then it's hun, baby, babe, bébé, honey, darling, love, azizam, eshgham, mon cher, zendegy-e-man, baby-e-man, etc. We use 3 different languages for our terms of endearment... sometimes mixing them together! We also call each other insults using an affectionate tone of voice... LOL
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I don't know where it came from, but I started calling my SO Loverboy - it's even how he is listed in my contacts Makes me smile when I see it come up on my phone screen.

He uses LOML for me, for Love of my life. He came up with that when we were trying to figure out what to call each other because I thought at 30-something, calling him my boyfriend sounded ridiculous. SO he said he's just refer to me as the "love of my life" and shortened it. I use it sometimes for him, but it's mostly his nickname for me.

Comment

I call my SO Penguin. I was making fun of him with other pet names, but that one stuck. He calls me Princess or Honey Bunch.

First met: June 2012
        Became Committed: June 04, 2012
        Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
        Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

My SO calls me his penguin haha! I call him panda bear because it just fits how cute and cuddly he is

Comment

He is my SnuggleMonster
            I am his SnuggleBunny

We love to each other.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Idk about pet names exactly. We have a Phrase we use!
              <3ALWAYS&FOREVER<3
              She will ALWAYS be there and I will be hers FOREVER!
              Names just aren't my thing usually :P

Comment

Me and my fiance don't really have pet names. We've just always kinda stuck to calling each other baby,babe,hon,love, and my love. The only exception is sometimes he'll call me kitty. But outside of that pet names have never really been our thing.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                Back Together: August 1,2012
                First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                Engaged: January 17,2013
                Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

He calls me nuggets :P
                  I call him poo bear :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

My boyfriend calls me Toast.

He doesn't use it when we're being affectionate, not in the way we'd use babe or love (those are the only two we use), but when we're just joking around and laughing he'll call me that.

It comes from my skin color, which drastically changes depending on the sun exposure (in the depths of winter I look like a caucasian with a light tan, in the middle of summer I sometimes find trouble finding makeup dark enough for me) and so one day we were discussing the [outdated] concept of "race" and he said "humans are humans, just some were left in the toaster longer than others." So now I'm Toast
                    So, here you are
                    too foreign for home
                    too foreign for here.
                    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

He calls me baby bear and I call him boo bear. We also call each other baby not BABE but baby, he thinks baby is more affectionate and jokingly scolds me if I refer to him as babe.

Comment

99% of the time it's baby. And this is gross, and I hate it, but one day he called me Ballhoney. /gag. Since I hated it, he of course loved it even more. So he'll throw that in every now and then.

I hate babe so much, I finally got him to quit that. Now ballhoney needs to go. Ugh.

Comment

My SO's last name rhymes with "panda" so he's my Pandabur. I told him a joke about cupcakes, so he thinks it's funny to call me Cupcake. Anytime we don't use these nicknames, we either say "hun" or "babe."

Comment

I came into this form excited to tell you guys all the awesome names I have picked out for future dogs.

But as for the other meaning of pet names, we call each other "hun" or "babe" a lot. And if I'm all worked up he calls me "hunny bunny" which is a Tarantino reference for the cool people to get :P
                            Our Story
                            Met on www.chat-avenue.com on December 27, 2010
                            Met in person on Decemeber 29, 2010
                            Long distance from Jan 2011-March 2013
                            Lived an hour away from each other March 2013-June 2013
                            Living together June 2013 -August 2013!
                            Long distance from Sept 2013 - unknown

Living happily in a monagmish relationship since December 29, 2010

Comment

I call him my teddy bear becuase he looks like a big tough guy but really he is a total sweetheart and is as cuddly as a teddy bear
                              He calls me his little angel becuase he says I was sent from heaven just for him hehe
                              sigpic

Distance tears couples apart. But if we can get through over a year without even meeting... Thats special...
                              -Connor<3

Comment

Working...
                              X