Suddenly he is very 'snappy' with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly he is very 'snappy' with me?

My boyfriend and I have been together six months (today!) and things have been going really amazingly until just this past week. We are currently still closed distance, but he is leaving in about 2 months. We get along great and have so much fun together, it's always great to spend time with him. We connect on many levels.

But suddenly, since about I would say this past monday, whenever I text him he'll just be very snappy with me and will make me feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'll get out of the blue texts (when I think everything is fine) that say things like "why am I just finding out about this now" (when I've told him before) and "why do you jump to conclusions" (when I asked if I wasn't seeing him today). When I confronted him about being snapy/grumpy he just said "I have no reason to be mad at you. If I was mad at you I wouldn't be texting you." I got the same response each time I brought it up.

This is really out of the ordinary for him. He is a big sweetheard and such a gentleman to me when we are together (in person) and he has never acted this way until about a week ago. We've barely even bickered before this past week. I don't understand what changed, because nothing seems to have. And although throughout the week he's been like this over text, he's all normal in person.

I just need some insight in what you think is going on and maybe some advice on how to properly talk to him about it? Thanks a bunch!
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

He may have some things going on in his personal life, that is making him a bit grumpy. I don't think it's anything you did! Sometimes when I've had a bad day or I'm in an argument with one of my friends, I'll take it out on my boyfriend, because I know he's still going to be there after. We did have a huge argument about it though, and it wasn't until then that I even realized that he was bothered by it, so now I tell him when I'm in a bad mood and then he lets me vent.

It seems like your boyfriend might be doing that. Do you guys call or Skype each other?? It might be better to bring up that topic when you're talking. Sometimes texts can get misinterpreted. Maybe he doesn't even mean it like it comes across to you.

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

I think he's just in a bad mood, missing you, stressed about the move ectect and he's taking it out on you which isn't a good thing. Instead of texting, call him or talk about it in person.
      Made it official: 12-01-10
      First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
      Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Working...
      X