It's been awhile, but I'm on the final stretch of our LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been awhile, but I'm on the final stretch of our LDR

The last time I posted here was nearly a year ago. At the time, my long-time, long-distance girlfriend and I had decided that we weren't able to make our relationship last without hurting each other. In the end, it only took us a few months to realize that being long-distance was much better than not having each other at all and we began dating again. It's been about 7 months since then, we've been dating for over four years total now and we're nearing the end of our distance.

I'm fortunate enough to be in a position that I do get to visit her for typically about one weekend a month, but even still, I've never been happier about anything. Six months from now we finally get to close the distance and I'm very excited. However, school ended fairly recently, most of my friends moved out of town for the summer and I've been feeling very lonely lately. My girlfriend has college classes all through the summer and it makes her so busy, I rarely get to talk to her when I'm not visiting. Over the past few weeks, this feeling of loneliness and made me less secure about my relationship and my life in general. I figured this would be a good time to come back to the forums where I can get advice and support and hopefully share some of the knowledge I've picked up over the last few years.

That being said, I would love to know if anyone has any advice on dealing with loneliness?

Thanks and I'm excited to be back!

I was in the same position! My boyfriend and I broke up in January for a number of reasons, the distance being one of them. We just recently got back together and we've never been happier. I'm glad everything worked out! The only thing I do to deal with the loneliness is to keep myself busy. I make a list each day of things I want to accomplish before the evening and I check them off as I go along!

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Welcome back!
      There are so many great things going on in the cities during the summer. I don't know the type of activities you enjoy and if you are ok with going places by yourself, but I would recommend:

- Go for a walk. Winter was too long and cold, enjoy the beautiful blue sky and the sun rays :-)
      - Go to a museum. They normally have cool exhibitions in summer
      - Volunteer
      - Exercise
      - Check out the local newspaper for activities going on in the city. Maybe you find something interesting
      - Listen to music, the uplifting type.
      - Read a book
      - Watch movies
      - Go on an one day trip to a nearby town

The list goes on and on. Don't stay in all the time. Good luck and again, welcome back!

Comment

Working...
      X