Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common thoughts running through your mind at the Airport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow it's always suitcase-related.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I just feel too nervous each time because I cannot wait any longer to see him :P then, I worry about stupid things. One of them is going to the bathroom: should I go before I meet him or, meet him because I cannot wait for it, but then having to go to the bathroom right after it? :P I did both, I like the second option more and it's already a routine, because he does the same.

When I pick him up, I am anxious that the bus will be late :P So sometimes I am one hour early. I am anxious the whole day because I need to prepare stuff for him.
      I also care about my breath especially in these ocations, because after a flight I feel I am a mess but I want to feel in my best shape. ahah.

sometimes think I will fall or have some kind of heart condition, because I am so anxious and looking forward to see him! I have low blood pressure, and one time I fell in the bathroom of this house, in my departure day. He was so nervous then, because I was flying alone but by that time I was ok.

Luckily, the next time I go there is the last LDR trip

Comment

The first time we met i was terrified that the border people wouldnt let me in and i was soooo nervous when i get to the desk i must have looked terrible. We had planned to wear out Leaf jerseys so we could spot each other but before we agreed on that i was scared i wouldnt recognise him.
        When he first came to visit me i was scared he's have trouble from border control and was pacing around the arrivals lounge, unable to sit or focus on anything but the doors.
        Other than the usual luggage stuff im ok.
        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

When I went to see him last october for the first time I had never flown before so I was so nervous! I nearly walked out the airport the wrong way and because everyone was spanish I just nodded and smiled at border control xD I remember walking round every corner thinking " S**t s**t s**t" Once I found where to go it was okay, and he was waiting right next to the door When he comes at the end of this month i'm going to be jumping around like a mad person!! It will be nice to see him without me being the one that has travelled for once :P

Comment

In my history, not airport, but railway station xD When I first went to visit my boyfriend, when we were only bestfriends, I travelled by train to met him. And when the train was aproaching, I saw him through the window. Then I came out of the train and walked straight to him. It was really easy to know him, because he looked exactly like in the picture on last.fm and facebook ;D

Comment

The first time I met him at the airport, we hadn't seen each other since becoming LD four months earlier, and I was a nervous wreck!!

I was worried about whether or not he would still love me as much when he saw me again, whether he'd still remember me enough to find me (a bit silly really, we dated for almost 2 months CD and knew each other for a good while before that!!), if we'd have anything to talk about, if I looked ok, how we would greet each other, etc.

Fortunately, he saw me straight away and broke out into a huge grin, and we kissed and hugged and had a fantastic few weeks together

Most of the rest of the time I just worried about timing, since he was usually late picking me up from the airport, and I was always ridiculously early haha.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

When I was meeting Stephen for the first time at the airport, my biggest fear was definitely it being awkward. Like for some reason I just thought we wouldn't know what to do and it would be really weird. But It was actually so sweet. I met him right outside the security gate and we held each other for like five minutes while I kissed his neck. There were a couple tears, but mainly we were so excited. Everything really fell into place and worked out nicely. Don't sweat it, it will go smoother than you think!

Comment

I was super calmed but after that voice said his plane had arrived from that second I started going to the toilet after every 2 minutes I didn't have reason but of course I went nervouse because it was first time.

Second time was funny. I woke up a little late and then was getting ready and I thought I would be in time but there was a big traffic on the way to airport so I was late when i went to the airport he was standing alone Bad Giiirllllll MEEEE

Comment

My BF lives in Texas. I had to take 2 planes to get there. I sat beside a guy on the second flight who was flying to see his girlfriend who had moved to Texas. We got talking. I told him how excited I was to see my BF. As soon as the plane landed in Dallas, I was so excited and jumpy! My BF called me as soon as I landed to say that he was at the airport. When I walked off the plane, I was expecting to see him right there. He called me again and said that he was waiting at the baggage claim. I walked (almost ran actually,haha) past some signs and corner. He said he could see me but I couldn't see him. Then I saw him. He had a huge smile on his face! I dropped my bags and just grabbed him. It was amazing. I kept looking at him. It was just amazing to be with him. Whenever I get really sad and miss him, I remember the joy I felt when I saw him. That gets me through our time apart!

Comment

The first time we met I was worried about not being able to find him and then having my phone die because I forgot my charger. But if it makes you feel any better I totally didn't recognize my SO, I thought I had been like creepily stalking this guy who could have been my SO because we needed to get checked into our hotel room right away so we didn't stop and say hi and stuff so I just kinda followed him hoping he was the right guy!

Notes:
                      Met: 8.17.09
                      Started Dating: 8.20.09
                      First Met: 10.2.10
                      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

The first time around I was worried if I would find him amongst all those people (which ended out to be just him waiting there haha)
                        This time around I was worried if it was OK for me to stay for 75 days, and if they wanted to send me back and if I was able to explain everything and understand questions asked by the officer. All those silly things that don't really matter, since I can stay for 90 days either way :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                        Married: 1/24/2015
                        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
                        X