Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your SO ever do this that drives me nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your SO ever do this that drives me nuts?

There’s this annoying habit my boyfriend has a way of doing and its really frustrating the junk out of me. I’ll be talking to him for a while, and I’ll send another message and then it’ll take him forever to reply back. Sometimes he’ll pop back in after an hour. It drives me nuts because if he’s going to be busy or has to go somewhere he could at least give me a heads up ahead of time instead of just “disappearing” in the middle of a conversation which is becoming frequent. It wouldn’t be so bad if he’d like say, “baby I have to go do something I’ll be back sometime later.” Or something like that. Instead he’ll jump right back in the conversation like he never even left at all and by that time im mad for being deserted so to speak. Does anyone else get this from their SO?

Yeah..., but we text so it's understandable and I'm totally guilty of doing this to everyone. Legit.

Comment

jup! recently I got this really mean e-mail from my landlord, and I was very upset so I messaged my SO. After like 10 minutes he replied with a question, so I answered immediately, glad that he was still awake and I could talk about it. But he simply never checked his phone again until the next morning! Ahhh...

But like digitalfever said: I'm totally guilty of doing the same

Comment

I'm guilty of doing the same thing to friends; however with my SO I have communicated that it's important to me that we both try not to do this. So sometimes things just come up and we can't let each other know, but we'll always try, and apologize for the delay if we left abruptly.
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Yes but it's usually because one of our computers has locked up and we're cursing the damn thing trying to reboot.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Yeah, it usually happens when he's playing video games
            Made it official: 12-01-10
            First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
            Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I tend to do this too, especially if I read the text and decide to reply later! I always forget :P

First met: June 2012
              Became Committed: June 04, 2012
              Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
              Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Originally posted by ams.201220 View Post
                I tend to do this too, especially if I read the text and decide to reply later! I always forget :P
                Yeah... Responding later for me could mean a week goes by. I have a short attention span...

Comment

if we talk in typing on skype he gets side tracked watchin vids on youtube so it will sometimes take him 10 to 20 minutes and has been up to a hour hr before a response so i feel you there and yes very annoying thats why i prefer him to just call me.. ugh men will drive us crazy sometimes i swear

Comment

TELL HIM that this bothers you. He probably doesn't even know that it does!

sigpic

Comment

Lol... I do that a lot but my S/O is understanding. But i would never know it bothered him if he didn't say so. So i think you should just point it out. I'm sure he'll understand.

Comment

As a guy, I am guilty of doing this. I never even realized that I was doing it until my SO told me that it bothered her though. You should let him know that he does it and that it bothers you, and see where that gets you.

Comment

Sometimes, even while we're skyping, but it's normally because he went down to get a cup of tea and got caught up talking to his family or something. I do it to him all the time as well.
                          "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
                            Yeah, it usually happens when he's playing video games
                            Ditto, I can always tell when he's gaming. We have a rule after 30 minutes of silence from either one, the other can ask why the drop off, before that unless it is urgent we just deal with other RL stuff. I do it to him when I'm working and multitasking too.
                            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Nope she doesn't...well not on purpose. If It does happen, I know that something is probably up...usually something not good. And it's usually related to family drama.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                              Married April 18th, 2015!!
                              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
                              X