Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distance is starting to get to my boyfriend..how can I be strong for him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance is starting to get to my boyfriend..how can I be strong for him?

My boyfriend and I have been going out for a month and weve been talking since January. I think today is the first day I've ever heard him really come out and break down over our distance. Normally I'm the overemotional one but I've been trying to cut back on it and be stronger for him and us, knowing that we will be together forever soon. How can I be strong for him? He is usually so strong for me and it hurts me that I cant be there with him and hold him. He said it hurts being without me and that he hates being away from me, just as I do. Have you ever had times where the distance is really getting to you? We both arent giving up, we just need to be stronger through this. I just wish there was something i could say or do to help him. Any advice please?

Everyone has these moments throughout their LDR. I had times leading up to our meet that i found it hard but its just something you kind of learn how to deal with, with the best of your ability. Yeah it sucks when you feel like you cant help your SO when they are having a wrose time than you about it. It;s usually me that has the worse time and my SO kind of makes me suck it up and get on with it. All i get from him is ' Head up buttercup its only a few more months away '>

Focus on the next visit or something along those lines instead on dwelling on the distance, Dwelling on the distance is only going to make things ten times harder! If you guys are finding the distance hard now and only been dating a month! I'm guessing thats going to be a tough journey!

Comment

My boyfriend and I have just faced about a year apart and we may have another three ahead of us. The distance didn't really get to me until recently because we have plans of possibly closing the distance by the end of this year. If those plans don't go through, I feel like I'll be really upset and frustrated. So instead, I'm not getting my hopes up.

To be honest, the distance is really hard, but the only way to get around it is to not bring it up as much. Instead of "I miss you's and I can't wait to be together's", try focusing on the really good things you two do on a daily basis and try to find fun things to do together! Love Letter Day is a really great idea! I'm trying to get Austin to do it. :P And when making letters, sometimes make a really crafty one, take pictures and hand write captions on them, make a mini scrapbook! You could both journal together too! We have one, but we never really used it haha, so it might be something we want to try this time around.

Video chat each other a lot! It will really help to see each other's face. Talk on the phone a lot, and fall asleep together. Play games together. Basically, just spend time together!

The biggest thing that gets me through each day is doing my own thing. When I wake up, I make a list of what I need to do for that day, whether it's cleaning, studying, reading, or playing the piano. By focusing on the day and not the months, the months seem to go by faster.

First met: June 2012
      Became Committed: June 04, 2012
      Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
      Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Working...
      X