Ideas please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas please!

So in about 2 weeks, my boyfriend is coming home for a visit and I wanna get him something I guess kind of as a make up for the past few months we've been apart. Since he's been gone we've missed out on a lot of time together obviously and few things that would usually be something we would go through together. And also since he's been gone, he hasn't had a mailbox because of things with his job and I didn't have a job. So I wanna get him something nice, that is sentimental but also potentially something that he can use of at least keep while he is on the boat. Any ideas? All help is totally welcome

Does he wear jewelry? A Man necklace would be cute
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you might be thinking of, but I once gave my SO a copy of the key to my house for him to keep on his key chain. He has it with him all the time as a reminder that he always has another place to come home to. Sentimental but not obviously so

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
        I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you might be thinking of, but I once gave my SO a copy of the key to my house for him to keep on his key chain. He has it with him all the time as a reminder that he always has another place to come home to. Sentimental but not obviously so
        That's so sweet! I really like that idea.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you mean something portable, since you said he'll be on a boat, or if you're looking for something bigger. One thing I've been wanting to do for awhile is get my SO an album of our time together from Shutterfly, but I haven't gotten around to sitting down and actually creating the damn thing. If expense is an issue, you can always write him a list of 50/100/however many "reasons why I love you" (it takes longer than you think, but it's worth the smile!!). My favorite gift I got my SO was a set of mugs from boldloft.com (it's advertised everywhere here on LFAD) that had a figure on one mug "listening" to a heart like a doctor and the other mug with the figure casting a "fishing line" with the heart as the bait.

Good luck!
        "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I did this for Christmas last year. He reacted really, really well! Now in 35 days he will get to use that key for the first time.
          First met online: June, 2010
          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Third visit together: August, 2012
          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
            I did this for Christmas last year. He reacted really, really well! Now in 35 days he will get to use that key for the first time.
            great minds think alike - I've done this for my SO too! for his last birthday he was in Aus with me and my family on the day - We threw him a family party and me/my parents gave him a key to the house - it was extra special because it wasn't just me welcoming him/giving him a home here but my parents (and I guess my siblings too) he said he felt really honored and loved receiving a gift like that. just to explain why my parents gave him a key lol - we will be living with my parents for a few months when he moves in a months time.. finding our own place ASAP once he feels settled/has a job.
            Met Online: February 2009
            Feelings grew: January 2011
            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I LOVE the key idea however, I don't think we are quite there with our relationship yet, just because we are both living with our parents and I am still in college and I am actually getting ready to move...but you all have given me some great ideas on how little things like a key could be incredibly sentimental and I'm definitely going to keep it in mind. Thanks!

Comment

Before my boyfriend left for California (making us long distance now), I gave him a personalized key chain I found on etsy and a framed photo of the two of us. It was a bit more sentimental than I normally go with but I think he liked the gesture. He will be spending a lot of time on a boat as well, so I wanted to make sure the gift was portable.

If you want the link to the store I ordered from, you can message me. Since I'm new to the site, it won't let me post the link. She shipped really quick as well. There are more stores out there like hers though that do personalized gifts!

Good luck with picking something.
                sigpic

Comment

Key is SUPER SUPER cool idea ! I will do the same, I live with my family but I will do it anyway He has million keys with him, his moms house, fathers house, work, his house, so he will have mine too !

You can do a pillowcase - you can paint something sweety, or write something sweety on it. It's really sweet. he will put his head on that pillow all the time when he goes to sleep.

I did it too for my boy. I have put pictures of my gifts to him check it, maybe you will like : https://members.lovingfromadistance....29th-birthday-!

Comment

Working...
                  X