Much overdue Intro *waves*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much overdue Intro *waves*

I never did a proper intro with my first LDR, I just kinda leaped into the boards and found myself a comfy nook (: Before I get into a ramble about my current LDR I just wanted to say that the amount of support LFAD gives is incredible. I learned a lot from everyone's experiences and have been able to draw parallels to my own situation.

After my first LDR ended the last thing I was looking for was to get tangled up in another relationship. I wasn't looking for anything, in fact all I wanted was time to myself to pick up the pieces and sort my own head out. All along I had an amazing friend hear me out which helped sort out my feelings about my ex. He never tried to influence my decisions, he was actually hoping I could reconcile things with my ex because it was clear how much that relationship meant to me.

We met on Tumblr and bonded over our odd obsession about boxes. He's a writer and dabbles in composing music too. His creativity is intriguing and I never cease to be amazed (and he has dimples which come out of hiding when he smiles *melts*). Gradually that friendship evolved into more and here we are: a tiny nerdy Canadian and an imaginative American Airman. Both little hermits with huge obstacles in our paths. He's serving in the Airforce for the next 4.5 years with a possible deployment on the horizon and I've got some medical hurdles to overcome. In spite of all that everything between us unfolded naturally. A little whisper inside of me kept nudging me along. Its going to be a tough couple of years but we both know taking strides towards that little glimmer of light will be worth it.
    “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Nice to meet you! I can't wait to hear more, my bf is in the airforce too.

Comment

Nice to meet you too Kikidee (: Good luck with everything!
      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hello fellow Ontarian!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

re-welcome!
            First met online: June, 2010
            First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
            Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Third visit together: August, 2012
            Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
            Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
            Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Thank you (:

>Little Box<

Comment

welcome

Comment

I'm from Ontario too! Yay! Welcome back.

Comment

Working...
                  X