Feel kind of helpless when my boyfriend is sick..:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel kind of helpless when my boyfriend is sick..:(

Right now my boyfriend has some sort of stomach bug. I really wish I could take care of him but of course LD you can't be there forv them when you want to be. Anyone else ever feel this way?

Yup. My boyfriend just came down with a cold and I gave him some suggestions, but he's not listening, so I do feel a little helpless.
    "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Always, and likewise with her for me, luckily (and I use the term luckily VEEEERY loosely) I was sick on my last visit for the last day with a mega fever and weakness, she took care of me in our room, dampening me down with a wet cloth etc lol, it was sweet, I couldn't appreciate at the time as I felt shit. but it was nice

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I remember being on Skype with my SO when he became ill once (due to some hideous looking kebab I had watched him consume about an hour before). I felt so helpless! He was curled up on his bed in the foetal position and I just wanted to be there to rub his tummy. Mind you, when we WERE together and he got a throat infection, his constant snoring was mega annoying and I ended up sleeping in a different bed so I could get a few hours sleep!

Comment

AWW! <3 I hope he gets better soon! Not cool! I've definitely felt that way! Either when he is sick or lost a relative or is having a hard time. It kills me to not be there to hold his hand, give him a kiss, listen to him, help him feel better, ect! It kinda breaks your heart and makes the distance your worst enemy!

Comment

Hope your BF feels better soon!!

I fell ill with food poisoning when I last saw my girlfriend, so even when you're together you feel a little helpless because one's body has to determine how fast they're going to get well. You'll have to wait it out and it does feel like poo when you can't do much. That time while I was sick though, proved just how much of a keeper my girlfriend really is!

Comment

Yes, I feel this too when he is sick.. If I'm there and he's sick, I can go and make him food or cuddle with him or get him whatever he needs to feel better and I can feel a bit less helpless. But long distance it's hard.. all I can do is hear about how he is sick and try and suggest he get things but I don't really know what else to do. I know he worries when I get sick as well.

Comment

Me me! *sniffle*
                I feel super helpless ;I because I really wanna take care of him D;
                *sighs* I would force him to take yucky medicine xD, give him orange juice and then make yummy soup for him <3 >u<
                ...then I would kiss and cuddle him and get sick too...then have sick people sex lololololol (me and my SO make jokes about that xD)

Comment

He was actually considering going into work today! See he's a firefighter. That would not have helped his body to feel better if he was working. thankfully he called in sick. it's pitiful though seeing his photos of how bad he feels. :/

Comment

My SO and I always felt that way. It was really hard not being able to be there to take care of the other. He got sik both times he came to visit me though and I took care of him then. Mixed blessing

Met online: 1/30/11
                    Met in person: 5/30/12
                    Second visit: 9/12/12
                    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I totally feel the same way! Right now I'm the one with the cold though haha. My boyfriend is a soccer player and a couple days ago he hurt his shoulder and bruised his knee. It's hurting him pretty bad. I so wish I could be there to help take care of him. I was really hating the distance today!!

Comment

My SO never tells me he's sick 'til after the fact! Hahah.

Comment

Working...
                        X