It may be over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be over

Those that don't know my situation, I have been in an LDR for almost six years. Back in the Fall of 2011, a few months after my fourth visit, things started to change. That is when the lack of communication first started. I told her I could 'see the writing on the wall'. She denied that she was feeling that way. The communication got marginally better last year. Except that she kept making excuses about opening the Christmas presents' I sent her in 2011. She would tell me, that she wanted to open them when we were on the phone. There were countless phone calls', where that never happened. She then would say that she wanted to open them in front of me. More excuses. Then a long-time online friend of mine nearly died and I chose(which was stupid), to stay home so I could keep in touch with my friend's boyfriend about her health status, since I didn't have Yahoo Messenger on my laptop(stupid, I know). Which was the only source of communication at the time. Since the friend lives in Canada. Then things seemed to get better with my 'fiance' mood in March of this year. That didn't last long. Because, She told me 'I can't give you what you want'. When I asked her what she thought I wanted, she never answered the question. She even said that, she wished I had gotten together with my Canadian friend. Things are now to the point, that communication is every 3-10 days. It is also one-sided. She will ask me a question by e-mail, or IM. But when I answer, she doesn't respond. I asked her mother if my 'fiance' was okay. She said she was, and forwarded my question to my 'fiance'. But I have never received a reply.
    Last edited by Chris516; June 27, 2013, 12:34 AM.

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

6 years is a long time and i can completely understand ur situation cuz even i have to go through the same thing for another 4 years... and we've been in a realtionship since the past 7 years... i know its very tough to be apart and maintain the same feelings all together... to be frank things do change... and i guess its part of life and i wud advise to adjust with the situation... i think maybe ur fiance is feeling low or is depressed... many times it has happened with me also that when i miss my SO i go all quiet and a bit cranky... cuz i know situations are out of hand and u cant meet him so y upset his mood as well.... so i prefer staying quiet, and when i cry my heart out i feel better...
    and i wud say if u have any doubts then talk to her openly... cuz misunderstanding shud not be a coz of ruining a relationship that can last forever... so talk to her frankly... wht u think and why is she behaving so strangely... and i m praying that things grow fine between the two of u...
    and keep faith cuz know this fact that things will get better once u two are together... so dnt worry and talk to her openly... cuz communication is the key to success in a LDR... so all the best and dnt let it get over soo soon!!!

Comment

Chris516, six years a long time huh. Maybe it's time to talk to her and re-evaluate what you both want from this relationship. Especially if you feel things are one sided. Maybe she doesn't realise she's doing it or that it's bugging you. You should tell her how you feel otherwise it definitely wont get better. And if you do talk to her, don't do it via email, because that obviously isn't working for you guys. Do you skype with her? I hope things work out for you two and that it's nothing serious. Not sure how much help I am but bottom line is communication.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by jennifer View Post
        6 years is a long time and i can completely understand ur situation cuz even i have to go through the same thing for another 4 years... and we've been in a relationship since the past 7 years... i know its very tough to be apart and maintain the same feelings all together... to be frank things do change... and i guess its part of life and i wud advise to adjust with the situation... i think maybe ur fiance is feeling low or is depressed... many times it has happened with me also that when i miss my SO i go all quiet and a bit cranky... cuz i know situations are out of hand and u cant meet him so y upset his mood as well.... so i prefer staying quiet, and when i cry my heart out i feel better...
        and i wud say if u have any doubts then talk to her openly... cuz misunderstanding shud not be a coz of ruining a relationship that can last forever... so talk to her frankly... wht u think and why is she behaving so strangely... and i m praying that things grow fine between the two of u...
        and keep faith cuz know this fact that things will get better once u two are together... so dnt worry and talk to her openly... cuz communication is the key to success in a LDR... so all the best and dnt let it get over soo soon!!!

Communication has been the problem. Even though we have the phone, e-mail, Yahoo Messenger, and Facebook. I sent her a nice short e-mail yesterday never expecting to get a reply. She tried to contact me via Yahoo Messenger this morning, while I was asleep.

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
        Chris516, six years a long time huh. Maybe it's time to talk to her and re-evaluate what you both want from this relationship. Especially if you feel things are one sided. Maybe she doesn't realise she's doing it or that it's bugging you. You should tell her how you feel otherwise it definitely wont get better. And if you do talk to her, don't do it via email, because that obviously isn't working for you guys. Do you skype with her? I hope things work out for you two and that it's nothing serious. Not sure how much help I am but bottom line is communication.
        Communication has been next to nothing. I sent her a short nice e-mail yesterday, expecting it not to be answered. Then I got reply by Yahoo Messenger this morning while I was asleep.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
        X