Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while...

Hi Everyone

I know I haven't been around for the past few months. Things here have been C-R-A-Z-Y! Where to begin??

Okay let's get the bad news out of the way first. As some of you know I am chronically ill and disabled. I have been having some issues with blackouts and dizziness and had an MRI which showed some damage to my brain. They don't know what caused it and I have now been diagnosed with Vestibular Dysfunction - an umbrella term that covers all my symptoms. I also found out this past week that I am no longer producing enough oestrogen and therefore may never be able to have my own children. My SO, Scott and I have always planned to have children and this is just devastating to us both. We're now waiting for some more test results to confirm what's going on and if I can have any treatment to help with this. It's been a hard time physically, emotionally and mentally, especially with Scott so far away and no visit in sight just yet.

Now the good news...well kinda good. As you will know Scott and I have been starting to prepare for him to get a fiancé visa so that we can close the distance and be married. Scott had recently moved down to Florida to be closer to his family but couldn't find work there no matter how he tried and we needed a lot of funds to pay for the visa, a wedding and all of that. He found a job, but it was in Kansas (where he'd been living previously) and so now he's moved back up to Kansas and is hoping to have the money together within the next few months. The first plan was for him to be here before the end of the year, but it's now looking like it will be 2014 until he gets here. He doesn't have the funds (or the holiday time) to come visit so we're just holding out until he has the funds.

Our relationship is fine, we've been through bad times before and we will face them again, as anyone is any kind of relationship will tell you. He has been my rock through these health issues and always knows when I need him to make me smile or laugh and help take my mind of the constant pain I feel. Both of us just want to now focus on getting him here and finally starting the next chapters of our lives together in the same place.

So, I'm sorry for my absence things just have been very hard. Now I need to get back to writing my chapters for the week (I'm a writer) and please feel free to catch me up with your own news and relationships

Joey
    Joey & Scott
    Met: April 2002
    Lost Contact: August 2002
    Reconnected: April 2010
    Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

I'm sorry you have been having a bad time hunnie, But on the plus side i am so happy things are lookinh up for you with the relationship and your So's job!! Exciting things to come.

I hope you start to feel better soon. We're all here if you need us!

I'm hoping to pop over to Kansas next year to try and get a job on a visa. I know there is nothing out there but thankfully Justin is in the Army so a lot of military couples need baby sitters

Comment

Hey Just yesterday I remembered about you and wondered why you were so inactive, comparing to before!
      I hope you start feeling better soon and that the results from the tests give you hope for the future! And also that yours and Scott's plans come true sooner! ^^ Remember, as long as you have him supporting you and us here also, everything will be alright ^^
      I am in the process of moving closer to Mikkel - now applying to university in Germany, and moving there, which is a lot closer than where I am now, hopefully!! in October ^_^

Comment

Yay! So nice to see you on here again.
        So sorry to hear about your health issues I hope that the news becomes more positive on that front. Glad to hear Scott has found work and your plans look like they're still on track re: visa, we're halfway through 2013 now so 2014 isn't so very far away

My news, me and my SO have CTD now, been living together about 5/6 weeks. He's been offered a job which I think he will accept tomorrow so things are great with us xx

Comment

Sorry to hear . I'm glad that the relationship side is still going well.

I'm going to be with my GF for 1 month, then we will reduce the distance to 80km or so for 5 months.

Comment

Sorry about the health issues Hopefully they'll find a treatment that works for you. But welcome back and glad your relationship is still going strong!

Met online: 1/30/11
            Met in person: 5/30/12
            Second visit: 9/12/12
            Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBug View Post
              He found a job, but it was in Kansas (where he'd been living previously) and so now he's moved back up to Kansas and is hoping to have the money together within the next few months. The first plan was for him to be here before the end of the year, but it's now looking like it will be 2014 until he gets here. He doesn't have the funds (or the holiday time) to come visit so we're just holding out until he has the funds.
              This jumped out at me because my SO was looking for jobs in Kansas so we could close the distance but couldn't find anything good... so kudos to him (and you!) for managing that, that's pretty cool.

I'm sorry about the bad news you've had as well. I wish there was something I could say to make it better... I'm glad to hear that you and your SO are still going strong!
              So, here you are
              too foreign for home
              too foreign for here.
              Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Thanks everyone for the nice replies and such! I hope to be able to be more active on here soon!
                Joey & Scott
                Met: April 2002
                Lost Contact: August 2002
                Reconnected: April 2010
                Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X