Snicker Doodle Cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snicker Doodle Cookies

My hubby has requested snicker doodle cookies, which are great and fun to make!
    However, my snicker doodle cookies (despite how delicious they are out of the oven) are usually hard/stale within three to four days. When he's gotten them before, even if I do two day shipping, it's usually not great.

Any tricks to sending cookies that remain fresh or does anyone have a softer snicker doodle recipe I can try?
    Thanks everyone!

I'm not much help about keeping them from going stale so quickly but I live in Santa Fe and if you needed me to make your recipe and deliver them to you SO I wouldn't mind. I know it's not the same but just a thought. Take care.

Comment

I don't know if you've tried this, but when my grandma used to send us her homemade sugar cookies she would first put them in one of those tin can box things and put those in a package and they would always be fresh. Maybe you could try that?
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

What about Snickerdoodle cakes-in-a-jar?

ps. If this recipe works, you are obligated to send me at least 2 jars hehe (kidding, obviously)

Comment

That's so funny, I just posted about cake in a jar in another thread! I did this for my SO last month. It got there is two days, right on his birthday, but two of the four jars had what he described as "pink goo". The other two were fine from what he told me. It's worth a shot, just make sure the jars seal properly, wouldn't want to also send a colony of clostridium - there are much better ways to express your love. That is, unless he pissed you off
          So I say try out the cake in a jar, but from my experience maybe due to the Texas summer heat and improperly sealed jars, I probably won't try it again lol.
          sigpic
          Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
          Our first LDR ~ August 2009
          Closed the distance ~ January 2011
          He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
          Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
          He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
          Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
          Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

The snickerdoodles i make stay pretty chewey, even after 5 days (if there's any left). i keep them in ziploc bags or sealed tupperware. My snickerdoodles are Gluten Free though. i can give you the recipe if you'd like.
            Cake in a Jar is so pretty!
            Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
            And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
            ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Working...
            X