Oh, mother. Rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, mother. Rant.

I have discovered my mother is not really against my SO, she is just against my sisters and I having a boyfriend at all. She now says I should not have a boyfriend until I finish my studies. I'm 21 and I'm halfway through career. It would be understandable if she had seen my grades going out, but guess what-I have the highest academic average of my career, with 99.5 average, out of 100. It's not like I am a lazy nerd either, I have 2 jobs. My little sister is 15 and my mother pesters her a lot about her boyfriend, and thinking back about it, she always, ALWAYS did the same with my eldest sister, with every single boyfriend he had (and she had a few who were really good guys). There are a lot of other details here which has led me to think she is just a jealous mother... oh the irony, my father isn't jealous at all and he actually likes my SO.

My SO is leaving tomorrow and I cannot see him because it turns out I am not allowed to see him 2 days in a row. By this I do not mean "seven days a week", only 2 effing days in a row, and I must not get back home after 9pm, and I must not take my car. Or take a taxi. Or the bus. And she knows my SO can't bring his car when he visits. In other words, I can only either walk or driven by her or my father.

I would take this if I thought I deserved it, I don't want to sound conceited but I have taken punishments I think I deserve. But this time I really haven't done anything as to be limitted like this. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't scream at my parents. I've been dating my SO for 2 years and we are both virgins (that's more important than it should to my parents). As it may sound, I even sound like I barely go out and you would not be that wrong. I have friends but we never go out at night (they do but they know I can't).

My only fault is having turned 21, which is the age in which my mother was convinced by a guy to have sex and unwantedly got pregnant of my sister. I wonder if this is the reason why she has been limitting me this much lately. Even my father is on my side and says my mother is just going nuts lately.

God. I nead to breath... well, bright side of it is that we are closing the distance in August. We will be going to the same university...so I WILL be able to see him 2 days in a row, with or without permission. Sigh....

Have you tried sitting down and talking to your mom about the things that have been going on lately? Maybe have a family meeting with you and your parents. Its not fair for her to be treating you like this if you're a responsible adult. I don't care for the saying "her house, her rules" because parents can make rules that are ridiculous and hurtful.

If talking to her doesn't work, just hang in there! August is only a month away.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Working...
    X