boarding pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boarding pass

My girl is afriad that she used her old id card number when she checked online in for her flight, or already when she booked the flight. Some weeks ago she has got a new id card. And the number of od card did change. Ofcourse her personal security number not. She thinks this is a problem? Does anybody know this?

I cant remember if i gave my personal number when i checked in or my pasport number. I hope you do know answer. She is in stress for thr visit.

Its for a flight in Europe

Comment

Don't they just check the ID card to make sure that you're a real person? When I flew within the Schengen Zone my passport didn't get scanned either. They only checked the name (like it's a domestic flight, which it technically is).

I don't even include my passport number when I book an international flight. She'll be ok.
      Last edited by Tooki; July 3, 2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Your post is a bit confusing, but in my experience they've never checked out an ID card number, just the name and picture. If it's a passport, then they probably would check to verify the number.

Comment

I thought the same as Tooki. But wanted to be sure about it
          Thanks

Comment

Just to be 100% sure you could send an email or call the airline where she booked the flight.

I remember on my boarding pass they put me down as MR. instead of MRS. or MS and I was scared this could cause a problem so I sent an email out and they told me that it doesn't matter since my passport states I'm female :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

When you fly international they ask for your passport and then use that to check you in. Your passport must match the information you gave when you purchased the ticket if you will have to show more proof as to who you are when you check in. If she is already checked in, she should be okay. The border control again wants to see your passport and sometimes your return flight info.

Your post is a bit confusing, this info is for if she is from USA going to Europe. If she is inside of EU that might be different.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

They scan passports in the USA and I believe they have a right to anywhere. It is more like random pick type of thing. I went to a caribbean country once where they have you hit a button and then if a green light pops up you are free to pass if a red light pops up you have to go through full search and provide more documents.

I think these days it might depend on your appearance because random means they don't need a reason and could very easily profile someone that appears from a country that they consider to be of a concern.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X