Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

hey everyone. i haven't been here in a while and i wanted to post an update. my fiance has a diagnosis but thanks to his crappy medical insurance he has not received any treatment for it. he has pulmonary fibrosis and theres really nothing they can do. how they treat it is with experimental medication and oxygen and he hasn't had either of them. again- when you have crappy insurance you get put off. he has less than a year to live. for those of you who dont know p.f. is a scarring of the lungs. over time the lungs harden and become hard. your lungs are supposed to be spongy. when they get hard they dont move and you cant breathe and that equals death. his lungs are 60% scarred. his doc said it is very aggressive. i am hoping that next month he'll be able to move up here and live his remaining life here with me and my family, as we will take great care of him. for those of you who remember his roommate is still a huge problem when it comes to anything to do with me. hopefully my next update will be that we've closed the distance, or at least we know when thats gonna happen. when he's up here we're going to get married.

That's awful, I'm so sorry. I hope you can CTD as soon as possible and spend as much time together as you can. x

Comment

wow, I am so sorry. But atleast now you guys know what you are up against. I pray that you can close the distance soon and I wish you the best. You are an amazing person to be able to stand by his side thru all of this (I would to but i know others wouldnt)
      everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Kerry, My heart goes out to you n' your fiance.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Is he going to die because he has crap insurance or is death the only outcome of this disease regardless of one's insurance? Either way, that is so tragic and my heart breaks for you as I imagine myself in your shoes. I hope you can make many wonderful memories in this next year!

Comment

Sending you a lot of strength to get through all this, both of you. So devastating. Hopefully you get to close the distance soon.

Comment

I'm sending you heaps of positive thoughts to get through this difficult time.
              “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

This is awful.
                Isn't he considered for a lung transplant? I don't know how things work in the US but here he would be pretty high up in the list with his critical condition.
                My thoughts are with you.

Comment

I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine being in your situation...
                  I don't know if this will help at all but there's a bunch of fundraising sites like www.justgiving.com that allows you to start your own fundraising for a specific goal, haven't looked too much into it though
                  We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I was wondering how things were going, Kerry. Thanks for the update, and I'm wishing you both nothing but the best. I hope whatever time he has left is happy and easy. Take care of yourself, too.
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Sending thoughts and love to you and your fiancé. I hope you have a wonderful wedding and enjoy your time together.

Comment

I'm really sorry you're facing this right now. I'm sending good vibes your way

Comment

Kerry, you are super good person! I wish you happy days with your love and lots of energy for standing in a such time..

Comment

Sending prayers to you and your SO

Comment

Oh my god, that's awful! I can't understand how is it even possible to let person die just because of the medical inssurance? Stay strong darling, I'm sending you and your SO many prayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X