Going back to distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to distance

My SO and I have been together about 3 years. I am from Maine and he is from North Carolina. About a year ago I made the move to NC but am going back in a month due to career reasons. He is hoping to move eventually but cannot right away. I'm scared of going back to distance because we both got so used to being together. Has anyone done this before and have any advice? Thanks.

I haven't done this before, but wanted to say I understand your fear. Me and my fiancé closed the distance in dec. 2012 and unfortunately our school and career plans might force us to live apart again in the near future. Keep us updated on how everything goes!

Comment

We have experienced something similar. My SO and I met each other CD, but my dad's job sent us to Korea, where I stayed for over a year. I transferred colleges to be closer to him and to have a more stable life as my dad was due to move back to the states after two years anyway. I lived with him for half a year while I adjusted to being away from my family and going to college. After that I lived on campus but we still saw each other very frequently and I slept over every weekend. Now we're long distance again, he joined the Air Force and is in tech school and will be leaving for Japan next month. It is weird to get used to being LD again, but it's not so hard to readjust since you've done it before. I feel like it's just as weird to get used to being CD.

Everything will be fine! Focus on what you're doing, everything else will fall into place.
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I closed the distance with my SO last year in May and we recently had to go LD again.

I guess it definitely wasn't as hard as the first time I said goodbye to him. I think maybe because we are more solid in our relationship and we at least have a plan, helps to ease my mind. It still doesn't feel real though. I feel like when I look up, I'm going to see him sitting at the desk or see him in the kitchen. It's a little surreal. But I know we'll be together soon, and that's what you have to keep thinking about.

Comment

Working...
        X