Waiting on his return...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting on his return...

My sweetheart came here to the states for 15 days and just left me 9 days ago We waited 13 months before we met, and our meeting was perfect...but now..the waiting is worse It was much easier to wait before he came because I didn't fully realize just how wonderful it would be.

He's in Sydney, Australia and I'm in Kentucky, USA..over 9,000 miles apart

He is returning in November, and it is going to feel like forever

Just saying hi to everyone and glad to finally be around people who can relate!

Mendy

Firstly,I'd like to say welcome to the forums. I'm originally from Ky myself.

I went through the same thing you did. I waited 3 years to meet my fiance. I went to meet him for the first time last year and I honestly didn't think it would be as wonderful as it was,but I was completely wrong,he was absolutely perfect. It's typical of first visits to make you feel afterwards like leaving them behind was the hardest thing you've ever had to do in your life. The only thing I can really suggest to maybe ease everything is to maybe keep a countdown like many do here when they're waiting to make visits,find things to keep yourself busy,know it's ok to cry when you need to and spend time with your friends and family as much as possible. It gets better with time .

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

My SO is from KY! Anywho, welcome! Yeah I just recently met my SO for the first time like you. It's like the wait for the first time is easier because you are nervous and don't really know how it's going to go. But when you hit it off and build a strong connection in real life, it's hard to go back to how it was. I hate every day being away from him, but am just happy to be his. I'm sure you feel the same. With time, it honestly gets easier. The first month sucked, now I've accepted it more.

Comment

Thanks for being so wonderful guys It was the most amazing 15 days ever, and I am so glad I found someone so wonderful I will make a countdown, sounds like a great idea..just trying to get through these next weeks!!!! UGH!

And how cool that one of you is originally from KY and the others SO is from KY

Mendy

Comment

My SO lives in KY as well! We waited 2 years and 3 months until we met in person and I got back home 3 weeks ago. We spent together 16 days and leaving him was the hardest thing ever. I cried so much and it was very sad. I felt like my life is over and it was horrible. We have to wait until 2014 spring to be back together. At least you know that you can be with him in November. I know that being apart is very hard, but at some point it gets easier!

Comment

Awww! Good luck to you and your guy Maria I cried so much when he left too! Skype has been helpful since he left, but it's still not the same! I am just counting down days now! Good luck to all of you

Comment

Saying goodbye never really gets easier, but I know for me saying goodbye the first time was absolutely the hardest. I second the advice about keeping a countdown. I'm still obsessive about my countdowns. Just try to surround yourself with friends and family and keep busy. I made a scrapbook of my first visit to keep myself distracted. It worked wonderfully, and it's still something I look at and love. Consider yourself lucky that you already have the next visit planned. That alone helps tremendously!

Also, welcome to the forum. You'll find this place helps a lot in between visits as well.

Comment

Working...
              X