how does it feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does it feel?

What is it like to meet your love for the first time? I am nowhere near that and to be honest, I don't know if I will ever get that opportunity.

It must be amazing. To look them in their eyes, as opposed to through a webcam. To run into their arms and melt against their body. To feel their breath tremble across your neck while your fingers scramble to find theirs and interlocking. Feel their body quake against yours when they burst out into laughter.

What is it like to meet them at the airport? And how long was it before you did?

In a way, I am asking for you to make me jealous.

Originally posted by iloveyourway View Post
    What is it like to meet your love for the first time? I am nowhere near that and to be honest, I don't know if I will ever get that opportunity.

It must be amazing. To look them in their eyes, as opposed to through a webcam. To run into their arms and melt against their body. To feel their breath tremble across your neck while your fingers scramble to find theirs and interlocking. Feel their body quake against yours when they burst out into laughter.
    wow, sounds like a Disney movie moment .

Seriously though.. I think you're waaay over romanticizing a first meet; I felt no "body quaking" or breath on my neck while I "scrambled" for his fingers .

our actual first meet was quite chill - I saw him come through international arrivals and had a smile on my face, he saw me at the same time and was smiling. He was walking around the barricade and I walked up to meet him half way, said hi (or something like that) he gave me a hug, I assumed it was just going to be a quick hug and tried to pull away after a few seconds and he said "i'm not done yet" and kept hugging me a little longer. After that I took his carry on bag for him and he had to drag his suitcase along because the extender handle had broken on his journey.. So we slowly walked to my car while he struggled with the suitcase.

there was no running into each others arms or tears, it was really nice though Just not like a romantic movie

Also - if you search the threads you'll probably come across quite a few that explain "first meet" stories.
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I second Jazi. The romantic stuff doesn't always happen the way you picture it.

When we met, we were meeting as 'friends'. And I was so nervous. And he was so goofy. I was sat outside on a bench at a domestic airport - I'd been travelling in Aus, and planned to pop over to see him - and I saw him at a distance, but saw he hadn't seen me, and I looked away for a millisecond and he was gone. Next thing I know, there's this tapping on the glass behind me. He'd (unknowingly) broken into someone's office just to try to scare the c**p out of me. So there wasn't a running and hugging situation, there was an angry person standing over him while I laugh on the other side of the glass situation.

I think the best bits about meeting is realising that everything with them is as natural as you were hoping it would be. The strange feeling of being both alien and comfortable in each other's company at the same time is one of the weirdest and best feelings I've ever had.

Don't get too hung up on perfect romantic meetings, because all those moments will happen regardless of whether they happen as soon as your eyes meet or after you've calmed your nerves enough to stop shaking like a leaf.

Comment

He arrived to my apartment parking lot after 12h of driving from his state to mine. I met him there and hugged him as he got out of the car. We spent the next three hours in my bedroom, and he went to my college classes with me the next day. We just kept looking at each other and smiling.

I agree with jazi that you might be romanticizing the first meeting..
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Mine was over romantic! As soon as he walked through the doors at the airport, he basically dropped his suitcase and ran up to me, lifted me up, and hugged me super tight. And then we awkwardly but cutely kissed. And it was indeed weird to see each other without a webcam. Because of the shitty connection I never REALLY got to see him all that clear, you know? So being that close to him was amazing and I couldn't stop looking at him.

Buuuuut not everyone is naturally like that, it's okay to daydream as long as you're not disappointed when it's just simple and nice

Comment

Like other posters said, it's generally not as you imagined it at all I spent several weeks wondering how it could go, thinking what to tell him first and so on, and you know what? When I got to the airport and I was waiting for his plan to land I COMPLETELY forgot everything hahaha I was just extremely happy to know I was about to see him for real
            When I saw him I just walked towards him, he dropped his bags and we had a looooong hug I can't remember what the first things we said were, or how long our first hug was and things like that cos I was just too excited to be with him to realize it haha. But i remember very well how nice it was being finally able to hold his hand and hug him, it felt like the best place in the world EVER

Comment

The feeling is like no other. We Normally just like pretended to hug and kiss over text cause we can't skype yet. But once you've held the person you love for the first time, everything else dulls in comparison. When he places his head against mine and we look into each other's eyes, I know that there's noone I love more than him. The way his hand fits perfectly in mind and when we walk with our arms around each other's waist. His kisses make my heart pound and when he whispers I love you I can't imagine my life without him. It hurts not being with him and not getting to kiss him and hold him which is why we're planning on closing our distance as soon as we can.

Comment

I think to him it must have been different than he imagined, seeing as I jumped up and down waving as soon as I saw him - all excited! Then I got kinda "lost" and some people had to help me find my way which made him see that I'm very clumsy but in the end seeing him I was overwhelmed with how thin he actually was!
                On camera he always seemed to be bigger - not super big, but bigger - because of the huge shirts he wears and I remember the first thing after saying hi was "you are sooooooo thin!!!" which made him smile and kiss me :3

So yeah. Seeing him for the first time made me fall in love with him all over again :3

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I just asked my boyfriend to describe how he felt during our first meeting and figured I'd share

He said that he had roughly 12h of being alone on the road to freak himself out - what if I didn't like him, rejected him, what if I didn't even want to see him once he got there! And that he really wanted to be on his best behavior, he didn't want to pressure me into anything like a kiss (he said that, if it happened that we kissed that weekend he would be very happy but it would just be a bonus on top of seeing me). So it felt like he was a little bit standoffish, when he was just trying very hard to be good and respect my boundaries... of course that didn't last very long (the standoffish feeling, not the respect, he still respects me!) and when he realized I was very much into him he stopped holding back, which was amazing <3
                  So, here you are
                  too foreign for home
                  too foreign for here.
                  Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I was flying in to meet my SO, and the flight was 6 hours late. Poor thing waited at the airport the entire time, and we were both a little bit frustrated because we wanted to finally see each other and find out what it is like to be together in person. When I walked through arrivals, we stated walking toward each other and smiling at each other. He came up to me, hugged me and just held me close for a little while. I managed to say "finally, we are here", before he kissed me. It was a romantic and beautiful moment for me. It is impossible to picture or plan ahead of time, because it almost never is as you try to imagine would be. But you don't love it any less because of that.

Comment

Silence doesn't bother me. I would rely heavily on touch. And I would be the crazy one to jump on him and just not let go. I don't even imagine what I said to be over-romantic, or romantic much at all. Just really the way I would be if it was my first time seeing him.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Mine wasn't overly romantic but very sweet

He called me once I landed in Dallas. I walked off the plane, nervous and excited. I had butterflies in my stomach. I was expecting to see him right as I walked off the plane. Then he called me again and said he was waiting by the baggage claim. I found the sign for the baggage claim and almost sprinted, haha over there! He said he could see me but I couldn't see him.

Then I looked up and I saw him. He had the biggest smile on his face! It was just adorable I walked over to him, dropped my carry on bag and grabbed him. <3

It was amazing! To have him in my arms was incredible I'm flying back to Dallas in less than 9 days and I know this meeting will be even better! <3

Comment

The first time my SO n' I met after a year of 'online dating', and knowing each other for several years before that, I still got weak in the knees'.

First Visit: September 2016
                          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                          John 4:12
                          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                            I think to him it must have been different than he imagined, seeing as I jumped up and down waving as soon as I saw him - all excited! Then I got kinda "lost" and some people had to help me find my way which made him see that I'm very clumsy but in the end seeing him I was overwhelmed with how thin he actually was!
                            On camera he always seemed to be bigger - not super big, but bigger - because of the huge shirts he wears and I remember the first thing after saying hi was "you are sooooooo thin!!!" which made him smile and kiss me :3

So yeah. Seeing him for the first time made me fall in love with him all over again :3
                            The same thing happened to me! On both ends we were both shocked out how much thinner we were in person. We are both fairly thin...like stick figures . It was strange for us both.

But anywho! When I met my SO for the first time he ended up sneaking me into his uncle's house (he just so happens to have an uncle who lives in the same city as me) which made me really nervous at first. I remember standing in the doorway wondering what he was up to, and having him stand there and look at me like "so, you going to give me a hug?"
                            It was almost literally the most casual thing ever. We fell into being comfortable right away and it was hardly like a first meeting at all.
                            I just remember being in such shock whenever I finally went back home after our date that night. Like, wow! I just met the love of my life and he's ACTUALLY ONLY A FEW MINS AWAY FROM ME! I could barely sleep, it was such a comforting surreal thought.

Comment

Working...
                            X