Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flights from Italy to Canada-- Airline help pretty please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flights from Italy to Canada-- Airline help pretty please.

Hey guys, I was just wondering what airlines you use that give you real good deals. My SO wants to come here at the end of summer/start of fall for the first time (fingers crossed) and it even though it will be cheaper after summer, it is still pretty expensive. Like $2000.00 and that isn't even including the hotel which will be like another thousand ugh. Do you guys book package deals or separately and has anyone travelled that far before?

What SO means?0,0

Comment

significant other

Comment

Oh thanks^_^

Comment

It's probably too late to get a good deal for anytime in the summer. And yeah, at least half of us travel that far, or further, pretty often

The first thing he needs to do is find the EU equivalent of something like kayak.com, which is an engine that searches most airlines at once, showing the prices. Check it out yourself to see what I'm talking about. As far as a hotel, are you staying with him? If not, check for hostels in your area, it'll be much cheaper for him. There isn't much privacy in hostels though, from what I understand.

If possible, don't fly on weekends, my fares are much cheaper if I fly on a Thursday and leave on a Monday, or something similar.

Check out the travel thread on here, you'll find a lot of info there.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

You should still be able to use kayak and skyscanner and other related flight search engines. I would use multiple engines though just to get the best possible deal.

Hostels aren't that private but you can get private rooms (which are generally cheaper than hotels) that give you 'enough' privacy. In my experience, those who want private rooms tend to be quieter than those in the dorms.

Also look into flying into major airports (that may be a bit further away) to cut down on costs. It could be cheaper to commute on the ground to cover the distance.

Comment

I third the suggestion to use kayak.com. Make sure you choose the "make my dates flexible" and then "+/- 3 days" option so it'll search multiple dates for you. I don't know where in Canada you are or where in Italy your SO is, but for example, I just did a quick search for roundtrip flights from Rome to Vancouver and found flights for $1309 for August dates. And flights for only $914 for September/October dates. Hopefully that gives you an idea of the prices that you can find.

Comment

Thank you all SO very much. He is from Rome, Italy and I am from Vancouver, Canada. Kayak.com and skyscanner are legit sites right? No scam or anything of the sorts I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by DesirousMuse View Post
                  Thank you all SO very much. He is from Rome, Italy and I am from Vancouver, Canada. Kayak.com and skyscanner are legit sites right? No scam or anything of the sorts I hope.
                  Both are completely, 100% legit.
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I think it will be more expensive if you buy the ticket now for the period to want to go in. I bought mine in the fire week of May, three months before August, that's when the prices dropped a little more than what they were going for.
                    Now their more expensive.
                    The advised time to fly would be Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. They jack the prices up on the weekends I found.
                    And I was using kayak to search for tickets, but ended up purchasing it on Lufthansa, it's the airline I'm flying in. 10 1/2 hours.
                    sigpic
                    Met August 2012
                    Official Nov. 18 2012
                    Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
                    He's visiting April 7-28 2014
                    I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

Originally posted by DesirousMuse View Post
                      YAY another Vancouverite in an LDR!

I used Kayak to book my most recent flight and it's definitely legit. One thing though, make sure you clear your cookies after a couple searches! Kayak keeps a record of the searches you make and hikes up the price after a while because that sneaky site knows you want to go somewhere if you're looking it up 10+ times a week, haha. Also, book early!! The later you book it, the more expensive it gets. I booked my flight 4 months in advance and when I just recently checked, the same flight was $200+ more!
                      [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                      became official: 28.03.11
                      first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                      second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                      our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                      third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                      fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                      surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                      viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                      jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                      my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Working...
                      X