Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First meeting tomorrow - NEVER BEEN SO NERVOUS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First meeting tomorrow - NEVER BEEN SO NERVOUS!

My SO is flying over to Turkey tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck. My parents and I will be picking him up from the airport in the evening. I'm so nervous about the whole meeting. Whilst the fact that I will be seeing him for the first time is nerve-wrecking enough, my parents add up to the problem. They've never really liked him much for a variety of reasons... For instance, he has a spastic leg and a family greatly different from mine, and so I am really afraid that there will be some sort of dispute if they start to question him. Plus my mum will be at home throughout our meeting so we want to spend time elsewhere as much as possible.

Any advice on how to make the meeting as enjoyable as possible for us? What could be some nice activities to be done outside of home?

Just try to relax, I know it's exciting, and frankly you'll miss it when it's gone. So savor it, enjoy it and the magic it brings.

Go watch a movie, find a nice place in a park or something to just sit and talk or hug or whatever. Go out for dinner perhaps. Whatever you do it'll be magical.

Don't waste this of all moments worrying about something as trivial as your family. they are a problem for the day after. An eternity away, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Exciting for you!

I think it is better for your family to get to know them in person in order to like them more, but thats just me.

For activities, go on a nature hike, go swimming maybe at a pool, go discover a new place/restaurant. Hell try new things like fishing. You can do a lot and it'll always be fun cuz you're with your SO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisukaru View Post
        My SO is flying over to Turkey tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck. My parents and I will be picking him up from the airport in the evening. I'm so nervous about the whole meeting. Whilst the fact that I will be seeing him for the first time is nerve-wrecking enough, my parents add up to the problem. They've never really liked him much for a variety of reasons... For instance, he has a spastic leg and a family greatly different from mine, and so I am really afraid that there will be some sort of dispute if they start to question him. Plus my mum will be at home throughout our meeting so we want to spend time elsewhere as much as possible.

Any advice on how to make the meeting as enjoyable as possible for us? What could be some nice activities to be done outside of home?
        To say nothing of the culture difference, it sounds like your parents' have a big about anyone with any kind of chronic health problem, and/or physical deformity. This is the 21st century!!! They need to learn a lesson from you!!! To love someone regardless!!!

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Perhaps get your mother to show your SO some 'Turkish' things such as food!

Comment

YAy thats exciting...We wana see some PICTURES of you two please...

Comment

It was the best night ever... We had an amazing time together, and my parents really like him already. It's still so unbelievable to think that my boy is only a couple of minutes away from me right now. This is basically a dream come true, in 3D and - of course - with warmth and scent. I'll come back later with photos!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisukaru View Post
                It was the best night ever... We had an amazing time together, and my parents really like him already. It's still so unbelievable to think that my boy is only a couple of minutes away from me right now. This is basically a dream come true, in 3D and - of course - with warmth and scent. I'll come back later with photos!
                Good to hear! I'm hoping for the best!

Comment

Working...
                X