How do I help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I help?

HelpMy SO and I have been together almost 2 years but in May we were forced to live in seperate cities so he could work. Now after being apart so long things are getting rough. He's going through a lot and is extremely stressed. He gets depressed and angry and says he doesn't feel like talking to me. I don't know how to comfort him from so far away or what to do to help. Any advice?

Wait, you've been apart since May... as in, you've been apart for 2 months?

What does he do, out of curiosity?

The only thing you can do is talk to him. If he doesn't want to talk to you, just talk to him then. Tell him about your day. Tell him a story. Anything. If it doesn't have to be rightthisverysecond, send him a card. You're only 200 miles apart, have you considered driving to him for a weekend visit? Are you both originally from SanAntonio, or elsewhere?

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Its going to take a while for him to get settled in. I'm sure its frustrating but try and be patient with him and show him you care in other ways. Like Lyonsgirl suggested sending him a letter or a card would be a great idea. If you do plan on visiting him, considering he's stressed, talk it out with him beforehand and plan something rather than just showing up as surprise.
      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I know 2 months and 200 mi may not be much compared to others but it is a lot to me. I may write him a letter. I think that would be very encouraging. Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X