On referencing each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kissingbunny View Post
    This is going to sound silly, but our pet names for each other is Bunny...hence my screen name. It came about from the game where we met, the avatars we have run around with bunny ears on their heads and the name just came out of the game.

We had the whole talk of putting a label onto the relationship, and we are each others SO, boyfriend/girlfriend and whatever else you might want to call it...but I am quite happy being his Bunny
    But you don't seriously call him "bunny" when you talk about him to others, do you? As in "I have to get my bunny an anniversary present and I don't know what to get".
    Maybe it's just me, but if I heard someone say that I'd find it more than a little weird.

I can relate to the problem. I usually say "my boyfriend" when I'm talking about him, but it doesn't really reflect how serious we are about each other. I don't really like all the "better half" or "special someone" and "partner" reminds me of someone in a law firm.
    We do plan on getting married, but I don't particularly like "wife" and "husband" either. Saying or even only thinking "my husband" makes me feel really old.

My boyfriend's family calls me his fiancee, even though we're not technically engaged.

I just really prefer to refer to him by his first name. I usually use "my [his name]" when I talk about him.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I honestly don't even use boyfriend all that often. I just refer him to him as his name. I don't like labels though and there are very few moments where I have to say "This is my boyfriend, Ted", unless I'm feeling territorial and that does happen from time to time. He has always just called me "Meighan." No girlfriend or even friend. It took his family forever to figure out that we were dating especially since they were all afraid to ask, hehe.

If we ever close the distance, that might change. Marriage will probably be involved when we go CD so I may enjoy using the term husband more.

Comment

We've closed the distance with no plans of getting married any time soon (both been there done that, in no hurry for another right now). We use Boyfriend/Girlfriend even though that sounds young. But like Benni, we also use man/lady/girl. He's my man, I'm his lady, girl, etc. Works for us!

Comment

Working...
        X