Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time meeting your SO,How did it go/how was the over all trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time meeting your SO,How did it go/how was the over all trip?

The first time meeting your SO , we're all nervous right? Tell me how you first met yours? I'd love to here stores about how it went, what you where thinking on the way to see them? <3

~Miss Amber.

I was sooo nervous (we had been in a relationship since Nov 2011 before meeting in Feb 2012). I had to fly from Western Australia to Memphis TN (WA- Sydney 5hours, Sydney-LAX 14hours, LAX-Memphis 3.5hrs - so A LOT of time to spend over thinking things and making myself even more nervous). and when I landed in Memphis airport i got changed and redid my make up as I didnt want to look like a train wreck the first time haha I have never been so nervous before when in the taxi heading over to see him, more so that I was worried it just wouldn't be the same in person. Lucky I was just being paranoid as it was soooo good. My hands couldnt stop trembling during the entire first visit though LOL
    ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Well my SO and I started dating in the beginning of October 2011. We didn't meet until December 2012. Some plans fell through along the way but overall it was really really special. The weirdest thing for me was that prior to us visiting we thought we would both talk each others heads off when we saw each other in person finally, but in contrast when we were together IRL we had a very comfortable silence. We'd spent so much time communicating with words that we pretty much could read each other well enough not to use them in person as much. It was so strange, but extremely reassuring and special. Being able to communicate to someone with your eyes vs having to talk/type is a truly amazing feeling. We had a good first visit and it fortified that our love was definitely real.

I was definitely nervous though, and when I saw him for the first time in person my mind was in such a shock that I refused to believe that he was standing there lol. I freaked out and ended up having to take a few deep breaths before I could even approach him. He honestly didn't seem nervous at all, but I could tell he was. We were both wonderstruck that day. He kept stroking my cheek and repeating "you're real" as if to validate he wasn't dreaming and I thought that was super sweet. I'll never forget that day.

Comment

We started dating in Feb 2011 and met in person in May 2013. I thought I'll be super calm, but to be honest, I was a bit nervous. I had 3 flights, Tallinn - Frankfurt 2hrs, 10hrs before the flight to Chicago, Frankfurt - Chicago 8hrs and then I had 2 hrs to catch my last flight, but I missed it because the flight from Frankfurt to Chicago was late. At least I didn't have to wait for my next flight in the airport and Lufthansa paid for my hotel. I was happy that I was able to get some sleep before meeting him, because I looked like a zombie. My flight took off in the morning and it was only an hr long. On that plane I felt that I'm nervous, I thought that maybe I won't see him in the crowds and maybe it's not so special etc, but I was just overthinking.

This airport in Lexington is very small, so I decided that I'll just go outside and will see if he's there and then I saw him. We hugged and then walked to his car. It didn't feel awkward or anything, it felt like we had been in person for years. When we got home he was like "I love your accent, you are so cute" and kept saying it. I couldn't stop hugging him, because it was so good and I didn't leave him alone at all. This day was very special and I'll always remember it.

Comment

Working...
        X