Help with ldr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with ldr

I have been in a long distance relationship for about a year now. But last month my girlfriends dad decided that he doesn't want us talking to each other anymore. We still love each other very much. But now the only time she can call me is when she gets to church for about 5 minutes. I miss her very much and I didnt hear from her yesterday. I just want to know what I should do? Any other ideas of how to talk to her?

How old are the pair of you? The only thing you can do is try to talk to her father. Sometimes all it takes is letting a parent know that you're respectable, you love their child, and you have no intentions of causing him/her any harm. Ultimately I'm sure her father just wants the best for her and maybe right now he doesn't feel as if you are, so it's up to you to reach out to him and try to make an impression. I'm assuming you're young but even adults have to get through parents approval, and sometimes it's not a very pleasant experience but it's worth establishing a relationship with him to bring you closer to his daughter. Give it a try.

Comment

Have you actually met your girlfriend in person? Is it possible for you to visit her and introduce yourself to her father? For me it helped very much.

Comment

Working...
      X