WooHoo!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WooHoo!!!

Well my train tickets for my trip to see my boyfriend came in the mail today. Originally I was supposed to leave on August 29th but he got approved for an extra day off work so I am able to leave a day early and have an extra one with him. I am so excited. However; the last time he left me to go home was the hardest yet and I am scared of that feeling happening again. It is so much sadness and he seems to stay quiet the first day we are apart which just eats me up inside. I feel such emptiness and he knows it bothers me. I try to tell myself it is the way he responds to the distance we once again have but sometimes I just don't know what to think.
    Ha, this started out as a good thing and all these things are on my mind that I want to right about but not sure if I can here or not. Just mainly about feelings and thoughts and how to get past some of the insecurities I feel now and then. See, I have always had reasons in the past for my insecurities in other relationships and I know I don't need to have them in this one. I know I can trust him to be faithful and brutally honest but some things just still bring questions to my mind. Ugh.
    Any suggestions of a place on here I can write about it or if I am in the right area to write about it? Insight and advice is always great. Or to hear others who have had the same problem but things are working out fine. I know the insecurities could kill our relationship if I let them get to me and I need help with that....

Take a deep breath. Don't ruin the visit by already anticipating the pain that comes after! You'll be seeing your boyfriend within a month AND you get a little more time with him than anticipated. That's great news! I'm happy for you. That said, I'm also in a situation where I am anticipating the heartbreak that comes after a visit so I feel for you. I try very hard to take my mind away from it and focus on the good things.

As far as I know you're in the right place. You could also write a blog on this website as well if you feel like you're more ranting than seeking advice - you can do that through your profile on the forum.

You are right that insecurities can be detrimental - but I think that you should still let your boyfriend know about them. Not all the time and not always, but in my experience if my boyfriend knows I'm insecure, he understands me better and we have less problems to communicate.
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Looks like I need to post here a few more times first due to the minimum of started threads which I have 2. Not sure how many I need to have before I can blog but I will be here

Comment

Oops, I didn't know you needed a minimum number of posts to blog. Shows that I know
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
        X