CD vs LD - LD is Now Winning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD vs LD - LD is Now Winning

I came to a strange realization the other day: we have officially been long distance for a greater amount of time than we were close distance; CD = 3 years, 7 days, LD = 3 years, 2 months, 7 days. That upsets me! I know that it shows that we are a strong couple to be able to survive this long while dealing with the distance, but we never would have made it this far if it wasn't for those first 3 years we were together. Now when he comes home to visit, it's almost like we have to "get used to" each other again, like we have to learn how to be around each other all over again. Does that make sense? We are now so used to living practically separate lives that being together for an extended period of time is almost foreign territory. It makes me sad to think that perhaps all the hard work from those first 3 years is now being undone. I don't know if I'm making any sense to any of you guys, I just wanted to get this out there. Maybe some of you can relate?

I know what you're talking about... it's always a little strange to be back together after being apart for long periods of time. The only reassurance I can give you is, as long as you're happy and comfortable with each other (LD or CD) then I think you're doing well. It doesn't matter if the first 3 years built up your relationship in such a way that you're able to survive the distance. Just like it doesn't matter that it's hard to transition back to being CD... As long as you can get through it together you'll be fine.

I hope that was easy enough to understand, I had a hard time figuring out how to phrase it!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kristin91 View Post
      I know what you're talking about... it's always a little strange to be back together after being apart for long periods of time. The only reassurance I can give you is, as long as you're happy and comfortable with each other (LD or CD) then I think you're doing well. It doesn't matter if the first 3 years built up your relationship in such a way that you're able to survive the distance. Just like it doesn't matter that it's hard to transition back to being CD... As long as you can get through it together you'll be fine.

I hope that was easy enough to understand, I had a hard time figuring out how to phrase it!
      Thanks! I completely understood haha. And that helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X