Feeling pretty terrible ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling pretty terrible ..

That i feel like im starting to forget what his Kisses taste like, What its like to be cuddled up in his arms, What it feels like when he kisses my forehead.

And i feel absolutely horrid about it. Please tell me i am not the only one who sometimes has this problem?

Its been just over 2 months since i left him and Obviously ive only met my SO once so its not like ive been around his a tone of times and im reminded of all these things, Ive only ever been around him for 10 days in total.

I have another 4 months to go (not sure on the exact date as it seems like his being cheeky and wont tell me)

I guess im not looking for advice but some reasurance if this is kind of somewhat 'Normal' in an LDR?

I hate being away from him And the last 2 days have been super tough, I think the fact i feel like im forgetting these things are actually making me fee worse.

Aw of course this is normal. If I didn't get regular pics from my SO I'd forget what he looks like lol. I forget a lot of things, I can't even remember clearly our first kiss. In my defense it was kind of a long time ago! But I do remember the way it makes me feel; my heart races, my blood pressure rises, it's fireworks.
    But anyway, it's absolutely normal to forget things like this, especially considering the amount of time you've spent with him. Focus on how he makes you feel now when he says things like "I love you". If it makes you feel all giddy inside, than surely it's the same when he kisses you.
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I think most of us hate being away from our SOs. There are a lot of ups and downs, some good days, some bad days, some bad weeks, sometimes even bad months, when you're apart.

Don't stress about "forgetting" about these things. They are transient feelings. Your perception of feelings (emotional and physical) actually changes quite a bit as time goes on and is influenced by your current feelings as well. Basically, remembering exactly how it felt to be kissed on the forehead is not an "important" piece of information and is not being repeated currently, so it's not likely to be stored accurately in your memory (memory theories!).
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Communication is the key.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
          Umm. Thanks for the bit of information. We communicate everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
            Communication doesn't remind you of what kisses taste like, of the warmth of their mouth on yours, of the electric shock you feel down your spine every time they touch you, of what it feels like to be wrapped up in their arms or to have whisper sweet nothings against your cheek, etc. Communication also can't remind you of what sex feels like, or of what the sensations, no matter how wonderful, need you to imagine to replicate them perfectly. Communication is great, but it doesn't compensate for physical memories, and I think LB and her SO communicate enough, from her posts.

@Louise: All I can say is that this is normal. I don't know what to say to make it better, and I don't really think there's a way to fix it, but it happens to all (or at least most) of us, and you're not abnormal for feeling this way at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
              Communication doesn't remind you of what kisses taste like, of the warmth of their mouth on yours, of the electric shock you feel down your spine every time they touch you, of what it feels like to be wrapped up in their arms or to have whisper sweet nothings against your cheek, etc. Communication also can't remind you of what sex feels like, or of what the sensations, no matter how wonderful, need you to imagine to replicate them perfectly. Communication is great, but it doesn't compensate for physical memories, and I think LB and her SO communicate enough, from her posts.

@Louise: All I can say is that this is normal. I don't know what to say to make it better, and I don't really think there's a way to fix it, but it happens to all (or at least most) of us, and you're not abnormal for feeling this way at all.
              Haha PiedPiper, You are correct we communicate A LOT and there is defiantly nothing wrong with that AT ALL

But everything you described. Yup, thats the stuff im on about! I guess im just longing for it all again you know?
              I'm glad its not just me! Ive been feeling pretty terrible about it. I remember coming back from America and not feeling like i missed him and wow i felt rotten about that because i thought i didnt think as much of him as i wanted too. that wasnt the case though. Like now, I feel like im forgetting what everything feels like and im questioning myself 'is it because im forgetting him?'

Lets hope it passes!

Comment

It's completely normal and it's a tough realisation... Whenever I try to think of his smell and I can't remember I get even sadder (of course when I do remember it makes me sad because I miss him even more - it cuts both ways I guess)
                It's just this craving of warmth and physical contact... I know it won't quite make up for it, but drag your sister/best friend/etc in for a snuggle session?

Comment

Yep. .I hate the feeling of forgetting what kissing him feels like but then I think of the last kiss we shared and it keeps me going
                  Totally normal feelings you're having. Keep the fact that your kisses will be sweeter when you reunite and they'll mean alot more.

Comment

Originally posted by ushiwakafox View Post
                    Aw of course this is normal. If I didn't get regular pics from my SO I'd forget what he looks like lol.
                    Haha! I couldn't have said it better myself. This is completely normal, as everyone else has already stated. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, but time also steals our memories. Please don't get too hung up on this. I know that it's hard, and I know it's so easy to get yourself down because of a sad thought. The longest we have ever been apart was 6 months, and I thought I was going to die! Just keep in mind that this lifestyle is hard, but it's so worth it! I can't help you remember the little things about your SO, but I am willing to lend my support to your relationship. This website will help you more than you could ever expect. I talk about things with my LDR friends on here that I can't talk about with my friends at home, because I'm in a completely different situation that not everyone understands. Feel free to PM me any time you need your spirits lifted! Your sadness won't last forever, I promise.

Comment

Like everyone else has said, totally normal. It's only been a week since I last saw my SO but I almost cried today when I realized that the pillow he slept with no longer smelled like him. The only bright side to feeling like you are "forgetting" things such as the way hugs feel, etc, is that usually means some time has passed from your last visit which now means it is closure to your next visit. It helps me at times to look at in that prospective.

Comment

I agree with everyone else that you shouldn't worry about this. With time memories get fuzzy and unfortunately in long distance relationships you can't just keep making new memories. It's almost worth it though... when you see him next time every thing you "rediscover" will be amazing. I know my first kiss with my bf after a bit of distance feels so comforting and exciting.
                        So, here you are
                        too foreign for home
                        too foreign for here.
                        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I hate that feeling... You can think about it everyday but still the memory of the sensation just disappears, the fading is horrible.

But! Let me tell you that the next visit everything will be right back the way you remembered in hours, as soon as you get private time with your SO. I always have a little fear that it won't be the same.. but so far it always did, or got even better

Comment

Thanks for everyones input, Im so glad its not just me that forgets all of these little things! I thought i was being a awful girlfriend for a moment.

The only bright side to feeling like you are "forgetting" things such as the way hugs feel, etc, is that usually means some time has passed from your last visit which now means it is closure to your next visit
                            I actually never thought of it that way so thank you for opening this idea up to me!

We actually (kind of) spoke last night about this last night and he told me his kind of forgetting what it feels like to have his hands on my hips and stuff. So it looks like the distance and the time apart is taking the affect on us.

Thanks everyone.

4 MONTHS TO GO.

Comment

Working...
                            X